The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: Common G35 mods

Common G35 mods

Hey all, new G35 owner here. Previously owned multiple Mustangs and had a wild hair to make a switch, and that's how I ended up with an '04 G35 coupe auto. Just wondering what mods are common among G35's to break into the mid to low 13's. CAI of course, but what about flash tuners, exhaust, and other bolt-ons? Also read up on the "common" plenum spacer mod. All input greatly appreciated!
    Thanks guys.

Its difficult to break into the mid-low 13's with mere bolt on especially with an auto.

The news news is a) your auto is failrly strong out of the box. Add a tranny cooler and it can take all but the wildest abuse.

plenum spacer is a cost effectiive mod on your model year car.
    the air to the cylinders is a little uneven in the early versions of your motor due to a canted plenum and this helps alleviate this for a small power gain.

If you fully bolt your car, I/H/E, plenum spacer etc and then flash tune it on the dyno you might see mid 13's ....

low 13's and better needs forced inductions.
    I have run both the ATI Kit ( on which you can read up on in this forum) and the Vortech ( ditto) and theya re both cost effective solutions ot get you into the high 12's.

All this is not as cheap to do as on a Mustang but then again you drive an Infiniti ow

Check our forced induction write ups lstickied above.

And finally : welcome to freshalloy your new home away from home!!!
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Thanks for all the input, I'll be placing an order her shortly

Coming from the mustang world (I have a lot of mustang friends), you should be familiar with that gears do wonders. A local here, broke into the high 12s with bolt ons and the 4.083 frontier final gear in the rear with a clutch type lsd. He had Nismo headers, HFCs, Intake, Nismo Exhaust, and a flashed tune I believe. This was with a 6 spd manual 03 Coupe. He also was on drag radials, ha ha.
    www.2LiterTurbo.com
    --------------------
    92 240SX Coupe: SR20DET
    96 240SX SE: The New Project
    96 G20: The DD (SR20VE in the works)
    01 Sentra SE: The GF's DD

Thanks!!

I <did> forget about gears!.
    A reflash will then up your rev limit which is a perfect combination with the gears as well.

"In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Porting the lower plenum will also help with the spacer. I'm planing on a kinetix upper plenum as well (staying N/A, I already have two turbo cars, lol).
    www.2LiterTurbo.com
    --------------------

2Liter:
    If you add the spacer plus a plenum can you still clear a strutbrace?

Now that I think about it, I don't think you need the spacer with the aftermarket upper plenum. It does clear strut braces though.
    www.2LiterTurbo.com
    --------------------