The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: Engine Starting Issues

Engine Starting Issues

I have a 2007 g35x with approx 55,000 miles, for the past 6 months I have been running into issues where the engine has a delayed start. Initially it was intermittent, and then it would continue to get worse. Finally it just refused to start and I had it towed to the dealer, who kept for two weeks before determing that they needed to replace the fuel pump. It ran fine for a few weeks than the issue started to return so I took it back where they kept it for a few more weeks and found no issue. When I went to pick it up the mechanic came out with me, and he watched me start it and the problem occurred again. So they kept it and two weeks after that they gave it back to me and told me they adjusted the fuel injection.

So.... now they have had it for three weeks and have determined they need to replace all of the injectors.

Has anyone heard of a similiar issue. Searching really didn't turn anything up.

Are you still under warranty?

If so I'd happily watch them put ever more new components into the car at their expense until they hit the one part that is actually at fault.....

Fred...

PS: Did it only start when it got hot?
    If so my first thought would be vapor lock.. what state do you live in?
    that will affect what kind of gas formualtion you get...
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

All 6 injectors?

No engine codes?

Smell fuel?

Did they replace the filter when they replaced the pump?

I am going out on a limb but if there are no codes or codes that are leaving them scratching their heads you may have a bad engine control module. This would be the only thing I can imagine that would leave a mechanic confused diagnosing a simple problem.

I'm still under warranty (thankfully) coverage.

I live in Missouri and only use Premium. There is no pattern to when the car does/does not start hot/cold, wet/dry.

They are planning on replacing all 6 injectors, and according to the tech no codes are being generated so that's why they are concerned. No fuel smell, and they did replace the fuel filter.

They service department has been on the phone with Infiniti who for the past week trying to narrow it down, and they finally said replacing all the injectors *should* work. If it doesn't they are considering flying a tech in to look at the car.

I can't imagine how all 6 injectors would be at fault in such a young car.
    But I am confident they will figure it out eventually.

I know it's a hassle but I'd also look at he bright side..: in the meantime you got 6 brand new injectors out of it for your car. That's not a trivial value.

Fred...
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,