The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: My Rebuilt, Powder Coated Brakes, SS Lines, and Rotors

My Rebuilt, Powder Coated Brakes, SS Lines, and Rotors

So, I decided to rebuild theIMAG0782 (800x451).jpgIMAG0786 (399x800).jpgIMAG0787 (451x800).jpgIMAG0783 (420x800).jpgIMAG0784 (451x800).jpgIMAG0780 (431x800).jpgIMAG0782 (800x451).jpgIMAG0785 (448x800).jpgIMAG0791 (800x403).jpgIMAG0792 (800x449).jpg brakes, upgrade the front baffle plates, add SS brake lines, put DOT 4 Blue brake fluid in, Complete Powder coating of the Calipers with Candy Blue, and upgrade the rotors to Slotted. All the work took a total of 4 days. The powder coating was done professionally. Everything else was done by me and a buddy of mine in the yard. Total cost was about $1400. Everything was purchased from ConceptZPerformance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '07 G35S Platinum Graphite Loaded H&R Drop, SPC Cam.F&R, BD PP Chip, Chrome & Leds Everywhere, K&N's, FI HFC & New Style Exha., Ext. Cometics

Those are some solid brakes!!

reminds me a little of my 350Z setup on my previous car.

Can you feel the difference already form the Steelbraided brake lines?
    What pads are you using?

Fred..
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Quote Originally Posted by palmerwmd View Post
    Those are some solid brakes!!

reminds me a little of my 350Z setup on my previous car.

Can you feel the difference already form the Steelbraided brake lines?
    What pads are you using?

Fred..
    Surprisingly a big difference. The pads that I am using are the Hawk HPS Performance Street Brake Pads.
    http://hawkbrakesdirect.com/p-364-ha...Fcne4Aodr18Axw
    The SS Lines do make a difference especially after driving very hard. I tracked the car for about an hour and there was a huge difference in feel of the peddle and the bite in the brakes. I didn't feel any brake fade at all. I really focused on the corners because I was testing the new SPC camber arms as well as the brakes. I am also using a higher temperature rated brake fluid, DOT 4 Blue. So far so good. Minimum brake dust as well so far, easy to wipe off the calipers.
    '07 G35S Platinum Graphite Loaded H&R Drop, SPC Cam.F&R, BD PP Chip, Chrome & Leds Everywhere, K&N's, FI HFC & New Style Exha., Ext. Cometics

I had those Hawks on my Z for a while too.
    Good pads.
    (I switched to racingbrake when i was partially sponsored by them, thiers are also good)

These hawks are better than factory because factory has a different temp range they must work on.. on perforamnce or even race pads the center mass for the temperature curve where the best friction occurs is moved ot the right.

Steel braide brake lines can also be a revelation IMO.

I run MOTUL 600 for fluid right now so pretty similiar to ATE Blue.
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Thanks for the info. Next thing on my list is the Koni Yellows. The fitment on the 2010 370Z is identical to the G Sedan. So that is my next project. The Koni's are also adjustable. That was a plus. I think they will be a perfect match with the H&R springs. That will complete my Suspension and brake modifications.
    http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...After+6%2F2010

Adjutable shokc in combination w/ aftermarket srpings are my favroite setup.

IMO you can get 90% of the handling improvment of coilovers out of that w/ 40% the cost and greater "dailability" ( thats a word I just made up)

I had Togico ajustables on my previous Z33 w/ Eibach Springs.

Worked great.
    I think your setup will come out similiar.

How much drop do your HRs have?

Adjutable shokc in combination w/ aftermarket srpings are my favroite setup.

IMO you can get 90% of the handling improvment of coilovers out of that w/ 40% the cost and greater "dailability" ( thats a word I just made up)

I had Togico ajustables on my previous Z33 w/ Eibach Springs.

Worked great.
    I think your setup will come out similiar.

How much drop do your HRs have?

Front and rear drop is around 2.5

I agree you need aftermarket shocks with that much drop.
    How is your camber?

PS: I recently had a brake upgrade too on my newer Z ( my old blue Z had a upgrade similar to yours except no painting of calipers. this is the new white Z: http://www.freshalloy.com/showthread...i-flows-w-PICS!

I agree you need aftermarket shocks with that much drop.
    How is your camber?

PS: I recently had a brake upgrade too on my newer Z ( my old blue Z had a upgrade similar to yours except no painting of calipers. this is the new white Z: http://www.freshalloy.com/showthread...i-flows-w-PICS!
    Nice pics. My camber is good. I am using the SPC camber kit. It has me in spec., so no complaints there. You definitely need to get used to being low to the ground. Sometimes I get close to bottoming out the car. I hope the new Koni's will prevent that from happening.

Do you run a flexpipe on your exhaust?

Do you run a flexpipe on your exhaust?
    No I don't run flex on the exhaust. As far as the flex and shock absorbtion, I rely on the rubber exhaust support brackets from mid to the rear. I experienced the HFC's cracking at the catalyst weld so I had them rewelded with extra material for the top and bottom to take any sudden shock. I have been thinking lately that I may have to turn towards some flex pipe after the cats.

I run flex pipe after the cats on my DC True duals.
    If the car is low and the exhaust sometimes hits something, a flexpipe will save you a lot of aggravation.

Of course eventaully the flexpipe can wear too
    Mine wore out by getting an exhaust leak, after a 6 yrs/80,000 miles.

I run flex pipe after the cats on my DC True duals.
    If the car is low and the exhaust sometimes hits something, a flexpipe will save you a lot of aggravation.

Of course eventaully the flexpipe can wear too
    Mine wore out by getting an exhaust leak, after a 6 yrs/80,000 miles.

Thanks for the info. After I do the Koni's, I will have the H&R w/ Koni setup. If I don't like that then I will switch to the Swift springs to see how they will perform. Supposedly they are better. But there isn't much history with them. H&R's has German Engineering in them with a good track record so I will wait and see how I will do with my H&R/Koni setup.