The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RB20 S14 build

Only time I have ever seen a turbo look like this is when it had the valve cover pcv plumbed into it. This setup never been like that.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    95 S14 AreB 20 lag monster
    91 NX2000 SR20VE powered daily driver.
    Protech-Fabrication

Nothing new really just went out to try a drag launch with the Federal RS-R tires.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    Protech-Fabrication

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post

Only time I have ever seen a turbo look like this is when it had the valve cover pcv plumbed into it. This setup never been like that.

Holy Cow that thing is like an engine all in itself!!!
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post

Nothing new really just went out to try a drag launch with the Federal RS-R tires.
    it seems they hooked up fine, just a little spin off the line and at 1-2 shift (?)
    What was the outside temp during that run?
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Mid to low 60's that night. The RS-R's work great can't wait till the local 1/4 mile track reopens next year. I'll see what kind of times I can put down with these tires.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    Protech-Fabrication

Looks like my wheels just shipped from Next level racing aka NLR. only took 7 months after I placed the order for the XXR 531 in 17x9+25 and 17x10+22 in Gold. Wish I had money for tires now lol.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    Protech-Fabrication

Placed the order on 5-16-2013, got it 12-19-2013 To say my fire has been lost is a bit of a understatement.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    Protech-Fabrication

Got off my lazy ass to test fit the front since I was worried about it been too close to the strut.

Looks good BUT the spoke is touching the caliper! fak need to use a spacer.

I ordered 3mm spacers and some for the rear just in case but I doubt it since I know the front's are the pokers. Not too much poke from the rims and it looks like I should be able to fit 255's in the fronts with a little room to spare.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    Protech-Fabrication

The 3mm hub centric spacer came in and did the trick. Tested the rears and didn't need them in the rear, I knew that tho lol.

I put the 17x9+25 in the rear just to see how it fit and it was fine.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    Protech-Fabrication

Not much going on other than me getting off my lazy ass and finishing up my meth install. Car runs soooo much better with the meth spraying . My EGT's went lower and my AF got richer lol. I bumped up timing and car feels great, best part the 1 gallon bottle seems like it will last a while. I bought some boost juice to use with my meth kit and stuff works great.

I converted the 3rd gear section of this log on virtual dyno to give me a clue on how the car is running.

I still need to pull the head and resurface and change gasket :(. This fuking car kills me with coolant leaks, every little hose that I changed back in 04 has broken on me lol. Arggg what ever small steps. The RB25 trans is a POS too, I need to take it apart and service it but I'll prob service the RB20 trans so I won't have any down time.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    Protech-Fabrication

I am so glad you are finally done after years of effort!

I'd love to see some Honda crushing videos

From the clip and the dyno graph it definitely seems like you have gobs of power.
    Did I hear you chirping/spinning in 3rd gear?

Fred..

Might have been the compressor surge sounded like a chirp.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    Protech-Fabrication

I can tell a big difference in the way the engine sounds and responds on the last run.

IMO the best part of water/meth injection is the cleanliness of the combustion chambers. I would even use it on a stock engine just to keep the carbon buildup away.

Sounds like a real car :D
    Bioengineering
    Control systems processing
    RNA splicing

I don't know how long it will take but I'm pulling the head in a few weeks to change the head gasket and check to see if the head is warped. I'll get some pics for sure and put them up.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    Protech-Fabrication

Well I'm lazy and haven't pulled the head yet. I started too then saw the water pump was leaking around the bolt hole where I was missing the bolt and tried to find one that worked. I ordered a new water pump bolt kit from Raw Brokerage and waited 2 weeks to get it. cleaned up the pump and the block reinstalled and tested it again and still a problem. I'm waiting for it to cool down a little before I yank it off. Tomorrow or Monday. I did scrape enough money together to buy tires for my rims, BFG compsport 2's 255 and 275. Unfortunately I have to roll and pull on the rear, front seem fine tho.

I'll take better pics with a real camera after I get it pulled.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    Protech-Fabrication

Changed the gasket and had to wait on some other parts lol, one been the spark plug I dropped. Turns out the RB plug is some saab plug, I forgot about it. I must say I hate working on my car haha It's not that it's hard it just takes a while to take all the crap off to get to the real work. Then my buddy did the cam timing wrong!! he just had one job and he blew it! so had to strip it back down and redo the timing. Still need to do a little more clean up work but it's pretty much done now.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    Protech-Fabrication

LS2 truck coils

I haven't really done much just driving the car trying to find my lost WHP again!!!! I started to get sparkblow out random times so I'm assuming that the coils are going bad. Borrowed a set of coils from my friends RB25 that hasn't moved in 6 years and still same thing. I suspect that something with the power to the coils maybe in the harness? not 100% sure yet. I was going to redo the power to the coils with a relay and 12v from the battery, Then I thought to myself "will they take that kind of abuse? Will I melt on of these coils. Why don't I just upgrade to some LS2 truck coils!" . So That's what I am doing at this moment. I Need to make a new connector since this mode eliminates the ignitior. I'm mounting mine right on top of the plug since it seems easy enought.

I'm not 100% yet on how I'm going to secure them from moving around but I might reuse the stock plate and weld something onto it so I can bolt the coil to the plate.

A little over kill but what the hell might as well learn a little since I'm going to do the same coils when I switch motors.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    Protech-Fabrication

Not much has been going on with my car for a while, Water pump started leaking again! so this time I made a gasket and all is good. Working out of town since Oct and back in Cali for a few weeks to thaw out from the cold in Denver. Ordered the GS reclieanable seat from Sonic motors and LS2 mount kit from MOjo performance.

It fit the seat but it's still too high, they don't sell other pads so Im going to throw this one into my NX2000 when I get back again and install the OMP seat. The coil packs work better than I thought, car starts a lot faster than it did before.

I did also pick up a VQ to SR trans adapter so I'm inching my way to finally building the motor. maybe summer time I'll get a chance to take everything to the machine shop to get the ball really rolling. Still need injectors, intake manfiold, exhaust manifold. Looking at the EFR 7670 no internal gate twin scroll for right now $$$$.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    Protech-Fabrication

Drove the car last week as I passed back into town before heading to Vegas to work. The Coils work great! but enough about them. I had my head lights sent out to get retrofitted for HID.

Hopefully I can save enough for the paint and body work along with buying another daily and building my VET and getting my NX on the road lol.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    Protech-Fabrication

I still need to get the aim right but I was just too busy spending time with the girl and friends and just relaxing. Went to see the body shop to get $$$ on how much to fix the crappy body work from a accident that happened to the car way before I got it. He told me $2600 :( lol. I'm shooting for June or July to drop it off to get it fixed and all the dings and dents taken out of the car and getting it repainted the same factory black. I'm also going to add Kouki side skirts and maybe rear valences if I can get over how much they cost for so small of an item. Also going to add the M3 CLS spoiler onto the car. I saw a S14 with it once and it looked great.

Well that's the plan we will see if I can save the money to do that and buy another daily driver and assemble my VE+T and install it with the 350z 6spd lol.
    90 Tsi with Toys*SOLD*
    Protech-Fabrication

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234