The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: Z32 5spd trans length ?

Z32 5spd trans length ?

Does anyone know the measurement on the z32 trans from the edge of the bell housing where it bolts to the motor to the center of the shifter when it is neutral?

The shifter adapter maxworx makesto for this swap in a 24osx.... What is the measurement it moves the shifter forward... There site does not say?
    Powered By-Tomei

Quote Originally Posted by white98s14 View Post
    Does anyone know the measurement on the z32 trans from the edge of the bell housing where it bolts to the motor to the center of the shifter when it is neutral?

The shifter adapter maxworx makesto for this swap in a 24osx.... What is the measurement it moves the shifter forward... There site does not say?
    I have a Z32 TT Trans sitting in the garage, but no shifter. I could tell you to the shifter linkage center hole. However, here is a pic of the placement of the mazworx kit does to an S14

^^^ This isn't my car, but it's a mazworx kit. The owner said that it shifts fine, doesn't hit stuff. What you see is neutral position. If you are using the Xcessive mount kit, you'll want to use their shifter bracket. I'm leaning towards getting the Mazworx kit over the Xcessive kit personally... Hope that helps.
    www.2LiterTurbo.com
    --------------------
    92 240SX Coupe: SR20DET
    96 240SX SE: The New Project
    96 G20: The DD (SR20VE in the works)
    01 Sentra SE: The GF's DD

Thanks for the pics, but I really need the measurements... I'm not putting this in a 240.. I jest remember when I had my 14 this swap was just coming about. I have a IS300 I'm about to swap a 1jzgte vvti into it and instead of using the clunky long throw R154 I want to use the z32 trans and they already have the adapter for the 1jz to z32 trans but no one has put this trans in a is300 yet.