The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: Pretty Good Gas Mileage

Pretty Good Gas Mileage

50 miles on a 2 lane 60mph and another 30 or so on a 70mph 4 lane today. Not bad mileage for a 332hp hot rod. Of course driving around town dropped it down somewhat but overall 174 miles averaged 25.6 mpg.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I was sent to the hospital for observation. I didn't observe anything so I left.

Les

Thats great milage!
    30 years ago that much power would have only come out of a large V8 and you would have seen 17 mpg numbers even on the hiway
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Nice! Best I ever got in the G35 was 28.9 mpg as well cruising at 65mph in the high desert in Eastern Oregon. I typically get 24mpg commuting to work (combo of hwy, hwy traffic congestion, and in town).
    www.2LiterTurbo.com
    --------------------
    92 240SX Coupe: SR20DET
    96 240SX SE: The New Project
    96 G20: The DD (SR20VE in the works)
    01 Sentra SE: The GF's DD

I remember many years ago when I was a kid and my dad would brag about getting 21 mpg with a Ford flathead v-8. Yesterday on the way home I was following a cattle truck on a two lane highway. He was cruising at 65-70 mph so I just hung back and cruised with him. We had to come to a stop when a farm truck in front of us was making a left turn and subsequently it was taking the cattle truck a bit to get his truck and load moving and up to speed. There was a break in oncoming traffic and I was in third gear so I punched it and started to pass. When I was about even with the cab the shift light blinked and I caught 4th gear just in time to watch the speedometer climbing past 110 mph as I cleared him and pulled back into the lane. Sure beats the heck out of the l948 Nash I had when I was a senior in high school.
    I was sent to the hospital for observation. I didn't observe anything so I left.

Les

Pretty impressive for the HP ! Makes you wonder why anyone would buy a Pirus
    I barely get 24/25 on the hwy these days in the G, hovers around 19/20 around town. Ironically, the M gets the very same 19/20 - go figure ..........
    2016 Challenger Hellcat, Max Steel/Blk - A8 trans, Navi, C Fiber Stripes
    2018 Durango R/T, Vice White/Blk, Tow, Blacktop pkg, Perf Tires
    2017 Honda Accord Touring V6, Basque Red Pearl/Ivory

GONE:
    2003.5 G35s Caribbean Blue - Prem, Wood, Spoiler
    2009 G37 Vert Athens Blue/Bone - Prem, Sport, Nav
    2016 Mustang GT Prem, Guard/Ebony - Roush SC +++ ** Lmn Law 1200 mi
    2009 M45s Obsidian/Graphite - Sport, Tech, Adv Tech, Wood, Spoiler
    2007 Titan LE Crew Deep Water Blue
    2002 Q45s Desert Platinum