The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: M56s Stillen Exhaust

It could certainly be louder, but at least now you know what it is.
    Last edited by BDF; 06-02-2014 at 01:54 PM.

i got the stillen exhaust on my 11M37S and love it, low rumble and like stated earlier when you hit it, you really hear it
    2011 M37S Moonlight White
    2006 Range Rover
    2012 Camaro LS (Wife Ride)
    2004 Cadillac Escalade (Wife's Ride, Pearl White/Peanut Butter Interior Totaled 09)
    1995 Impala SS Modded DCM (Dark Cherry Metallic) Sold
    2004 Impala SS (Sold)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/229728...a-ss-sedan-4d/

http://www.nicoclub.com

Hey BDF, how does the car sound when started? Do you get a louder roar or same as before. When I had the resonators out and different exhaust the thing would turn a lot of heads when started up.

Yeah, it roars, then burbles like an 8 should

Quote Originally Posted by tasopappas1 View Post
    Hey BDF, how does the car sound when started? Do you get a louder roar or same as before. When I had the resonators out and different exhaust the thing would turn a lot of heads when started up.
    this is what it sounds like at start up with resonator delete ad mufflers replaced.

Love the cold starts. Nice

Here's my old M56 when I had my custom y and x pipe

Quote Originally Posted by themajesticking View Post
    Here's my old M56 when I had my custom y and x pipe
    So you removed the mufflers and resonators for straight pipes? What about the secondary cats? Could you upload more vids? sounds good!

I would love to hear what it sounds like with just the resonator deletes. This may be the best route in getting some performance sound without breaking the bank. I've done this on my previous cars and I've been happy.

Anyone on here stayed with stock mufflers and just removed the resonators? If so, would love to hear from you! Trying to avoid drone at ALL cost!

I did that, but on my 56s, its ok... sounds ok, not too loud. cheap to do < $100

Quote Originally Posted by BDF View Post
    I did that, but on my 56s, its ok... sounds ok, not too loud. cheap to do < $100
    BDF, any regrets/complaints so far? I'm really tempted to do this but the drone is something i want avoid at all cost! Also, do you have a sound or video clip? Would love to hear idle and some revs!

I first replaced the mufflers which did not move the needle much.
    Then deleted the resonators and the sound was amazing and aggressive but they cabin drone was horrible.
    Not sure if would have been better with the stock mufflers but I am back to all stock now.

Keep the resonators and stillen exhaust and upgrade the Y pipe is my solution. Also keep in mind stillen is in California so they push to keep there exhaust 50 state legal. Also on a side note the stillen piping is not pretty by any means for the price point. The exhaust almost looks custom if you look at the welds.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234