The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: 2_Liter_Turbo's '96 P10 DD Project - SR20VE

2_Liter_Turbo's '96 P10 DD Project - SR20VE

Well I picked up a 96 G20 over the summer. I sold my G35 (was tired of payments, and I'm trying to buy a house), and actually had a few bucks left over after paying the loan off. So in a way, this car was free! Ha ha. It's a 5spd manual with A/C, Cruise, sunroof, etc. Gross interior color, but that can be changed out. Bought it from the original owners, which was kind of cool. It was the cleanest cheap P10 in the area at the time, so I grabbed it. I needed a decent DD to replace the G35. I know it's a "downgrade", but I'll make it nicer... I can't leave anything alone! Ha!

Here are some pictures of how it was when I bought it...

The gross interior... Ha ha.

100% Stock SR... Runs nice and smooth!

Here you can see the color pretty well. I actually like it quite a bit!
    www.2LiterTurbo.com
    --------------------
    92 240SX Coupe: SR20DET
    96 240SX SE: The New Project
    96 G20: The DD (SR20VE in the works)
    01 Sentra SE: The GF's DD

First Mod! Ha

JWT Pop Charger

Then I picked this up about a month after getting the car... Underneath the valve cover looked great and it had even compression across all four cylinders.

Sorry for the low quality cell phone pic, lol

www.2LiterTurbo.com
    --------------------

Then I Picked up some P11 wheels... a little better than the stock P10 wheels, lol.

I also removed the "Bra" from the hood and did a little rubbing compound/polish/wax to get rid of the mark left behind. I still need to do the rest of the car though!

Wheels look way better IMO! Nothing crazy, but they definitely update the car.

Got the SR20VE up on the engine stand, where it will stay for a bit while I clean it up and replace some parts, etc...

And I bought a B13 Sentra SE-R LSD transmission from a friend, which should make the car more fun to drive! Now I just need a clutch! Ha ha
    www.2LiterTurbo.com
    --------------------

Well, I found a P10 with a black interior at the local yard a couple weekends ago. I pulled the front seats, the carpet, rear speaker cover, and some various plastic trim pieces. Decided I had enough for that day, and decided to come back the next day to get the rear seats, dash, headliner, etc. Well, got there the next day and they decided to crush the car... I was pretty bummed!!!

Anyways, I decided to swap out what I did get anyways. Here are some pictures:

The interior as I bought the car:

After pulling a few things.... (gross!)

"New" (used) carpet installed:

And the new seats:

The driver seat is separating at the seams, but isn't torn. Going to take it to a shop to get it sewn back together (not my expertise, lol). I used some leather conditioner to soften it up again, and try to prevent it from getting any worse. They are still better than what was in there! The slow process to converting the interior to black has begun!
    www.2LiterTurbo.com
    --------------------

Got some JDM amber corners installed yesterday:

And I know it kind of looks silly with the mis-matched color, but I put it on anyways, ha ha. Got a Primera (Gen2) front grill installed:

I also got a set of eGT clear tail lights to put on (maybe tomorrow).
    www.2LiterTurbo.com
    --------------------

Aargh I cant see the pics form work :(

I will check from home tonite
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Those P11 wheels are really nice!

And replacing the seats was needed both from the nicer color and now you have a non ripped drivers seat
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Thanks! I also took the bottom seat cushion in to a shop and had it restitched, so now it isn't coming apart
    www.2LiterTurbo.com
    --------------------

This last weekend I got my UK tail lights installed. I think they look a whole lot better! I apologize for the shoddy cell phone picture:

www.2LiterTurbo.com
    --------------------