The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: **Attention M56 Q70 V8 Illinois and Surrounding Area Owners**

**Attention M56 Q70 V8 Illinois and Surrounding Area Owners**

Hello I just contacted R2C in Vernon Hills, IL and they are currently looking for a test M56/Q70 V8. R2C is aware that can be a huge inconvenience and is asking to hold onto the car few hours at a time over three visits. To compensate you for your time and use of your car they are willing to give you a complimentary air intake system at no charge to you.

I have been reaching out to various companies in regards to performance parts, body parts, and etc. to create parts for the M37/M56/Q70 and repeatedly are told they have no interest in make parts for us. R2C on the other hand seems very excited and motivated to create an air intake for the Vk56VD motor. If you would like to volunteer please feel free to contact me or post below for more details. I hope we can all see this as a great opportunity and not squander it. I also would like to thank this forum for allowing me to reach out to fellow Y51 owners.

I'm surprised no one in the area has jumped on this GREAT DEAL!!!!
    2011 M37S Moonlight White
    2006 Range Rover
    2012 Camaro LS (Wife Ride)
    2004 Cadillac Escalade (Wife's Ride, Pearl White/Peanut Butter Interior Totaled 09)
    1995 Impala SS Modded DCM (Dark Cherry Metallic) Sold
    2004 Impala SS (Sold)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/229728...a-ss-sedan-4d/

http://www.nicoclub.com

Have you posted this on the NicoClub boards? You will have a better chance there.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stm37s View Post
    I'm surprised no one in the area has jumped on this GREAT DEAL!!!!
    Yeah I thought by now we would have a car arranged to stop in at R2C.

Quote Originally Posted by Robz32 View Post
    Have you posted this on the NicoClub boards? You will have a better chance there.

Rob
    Hey Rob we already have a thread over there but no luck at getting someone to commit yet. HDCL is a member on freshalloy and according to his account bio he's located in Chicago. I tried pm-ing him about a week or two ago but I have yet hear back. I just sent him an email about 5 minutes ago, hopefully he sees it. If anyone knows him personally please ask him to check his PM or email.

Thanks,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by CRV_33 View Post
    Yeah I thought by now we would have a car arranged to stop in at R2C.

Hey Rob we already have a thread over there but no luck at getting someone to commit yet. HDCL is a member on freshalloy and according to his account bio he's located in Chicago. I tried pm-ing him about a week or two ago but I have yet hear back. I just sent him an email about 5 minutes ago, hopefully he sees it. If anyone knows him personally please ask him to check his PM or email.

Thanks,
    Michael
    Just responded to your PM. Have not been on this site for a month. I probably won't have time to get the car over there before the end of December. Needed info on claimed performance impact and any warranty issues.
    ___
    M56x Stormfront Gray/Java Interior
    Deluxe Touring + Illuminated Kickplates + Mudguards
    Hardwired Valentine One (BlendMount + StealthCord)

Do you want to be an idol among the V8 M56/Q70 owners?
    Do you have own a 5.6L V8 Q70/M56 and live in Illinois?
    Would you like a free intake system for your time (3 visits)?

If so, please post below so I can contact you.

Do you want to be an idol among the V8 M56/Q70 owners?
    Do you have own a 5.6L V8 Q70/M56 and live in Illinois?
    Would you like a free intake system for your time (3 visits)?

If so, please post below so I can contact you.
    I just sent you an email.
    ___

Quote Originally Posted by HDCL View Post
    I just sent you an email.
    I didn't receive it, check your pm.

I'm glad somebody has finally jumped on this for the M56 guys
    2011 M37S Moonlight White
    2006 Range Rover
    2012 Camaro LS (Wife Ride)
    2004 Cadillac Escalade (Wife's Ride, Pearl White/Peanut Butter Interior Totaled 09)
    1995 Impala SS Modded DCM (Dark Cherry Metallic) Sold
    2004 Impala SS (Sold)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/229728...a-ss-sedan-4d/

http://www.nicoclub.com

So I contacted R2C a few weeks ago and finally had a chance to get my car up to their facility yesterday. They spent 2 hours taking things apart and scanning the engine compartment with a 3D laser scanning tool. They now have a 3D model of the engine bay in their computer. They will be fabricating the custom CAI over the next few weeks and then when it is ready, I will go up and have it installed. I get to then drive around with it for a few weeks and see how it performs. They said they might be willing to do a before and after Dyno test as well.

I will update this thread as things develop.
    ___

So I contacted R2C a few weeks ago and finally had a chance to get my car up to their facility yesterday. They spent 2 hours taking things apart and scanning the engine compartment with a 3D laser scanning tool. They now have a 3D model of the engine bay in their computer. They will be fabricating the custom CAI over the next few weeks and then when it is ready, I will go up and have it installed. I get to then drive around with it for a few weeks and see how it performs. They said they might be willing to do a before and after Dyno test as well.

I will update this thread as things develop.
    Hey thanks for stepping up and getting this taken care of!

This is still a work in progress but here is what I am told the prototype looks like so far. I may get a chance to have this installed in my car in the next 2 weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ___

Keep the updates coming! Glad to see that they are in the prototype phase already

Keep the updates coming! Glad to see that they are in the prototype phase already
    Well, here we are almost a year after I contacted R2C and they scanned my car and 10 months after the prototype was created. Every time I contact them, I keep hearing "Yes, the final tooling should be here in 2 - 3 weeks". At this point I am not sure this will ever get done. They have been polite about it, but I don't think this is something that is a very high priority item and they will get to it when they feel like it.
    ___

Thanks for the update!

Sorry to hear its not panned out yet.

Also it sounds like you were not out alot of time and effort so if you get an interesting car part out of it I still think it was well worth it
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Well, here we are almost a year after I contacted R2C and they scanned my car and 10 months after the prototype was created. Every time I contact them, I keep hearing "Yes, the final tooling should be here in 2 - 3 weeks". At this point I am not sure this will ever get done. They have been polite about it, but I don't think this is something that is a very high priority item and they will get to it when they feel like it.
    I have been working behind the scenes and have been calling into R2C on a consistent basis to see how this is coming along. Apparently Ed (my main contact on this project) is no longer with the company. My new contact is Colin and he has been very friendly but can't seem to give me a target date when these will go into production. I'll keep you guys posted!

Honestly guys this car already has the air coming from the lower area at the front bumper. A CAI isn't going to get you much if anything. There have been a couple of posts here regarding turbos and superchargers. Expensive but my guess the only way to get the potential out of this motor. This car has much ability to gain. If you have $10K+ to spend this is the rocket ship to buy. It is factory fast but much was left on the table. Cold air is not the solution though.

I got ahold of Collin @R2C before this post and he said to check back in early May for an update. Regarding the other post on performance improvements with a CAI on the M56x, I was not expecting anything there, I was just hoping for some better engine sound at higher RPMs with the less restrictive intake. We will see (hopefully still 2017).
    ___

Still following this

Hope something interesting will come of it
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Quote Originally Posted by palmerwmd View Post
    Still following this

Hope something interesting will come of it
    I am hoping so too! Rumor has it Optimus Performance is interested in creating an intake for the M56. Stay tuned!