The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: M37 Blitz exhaust

M37 BLITZ NUR-SPEC C-Ti exhaust

On my on going search for aftermarkert parts for the M/Q70 I came across the greatest find of the year, for me at least. Granted the find was not made state side but rather were our cars were born, Japan. After a couple of weeks and about 20+ emails loaded with questions and inquiries, I decided to pull the trigger and purchase what I think is a very rare exhaust, even in Japan and most likely the only one in the US. This was my first time purchasing something from a different continent via the internet so I was expecting a lot of bumps along the way, to add to my nervousness the exhaust was used, but taken from the car at a very early stage, the person that had it before only drove 1500KM with it, so it was nearly spotless on the pictures, just a few stain marks, little to no scratches, no dents or holes anywhere.

To my surprise the whole process was very quick, and painless, shipping was a lot faster than I had anticipated, but not cheap by any means. It took only 5 days for the exhaust to arrive on my door step.

Upon receiving it, I could notice that they had taken their time making sure nothing was going to happen to it during transit.

The box held up very good

At this point I did not know what to expect, because if they had not done a good job of wrapping and protecting everything inside then I'll be kicking myself for thinking that nothing was going to happen during transit, mind you the package was shipped via Fedex so that did not help calm my fears. However I was forgetting one very important detail and that was we are talking about Japanese car people here, and if you do not have experience with the quality of their aftermarket parts, craftsmanship and attention to detail then scroll down and see the pictures

INSERT SUSPENSE MUSIC HERE

At this point my blood pressure normalized and my fears were put to rest and I kept on digging out the contents

WAIT!!!......There's supposed to be more!....What's under here?

Japanese news anyone?

Finally all the contents are out of the box

Part II Coming up next....Stay tuned

Rob
    Last edited by Robz32; 11-11-2015 at 10:41 PM.

Part II Unwrapping

After seeing the attention that was put into wrapping the whole system, I had no doubt that everything had arrived in great shape and proceeded to unwrap everything. Picture a 5 year old kid opening its Christmas gifts, that was me

By this point I was simply amazed at how good this exhaust looks. It looks almost BRAND NEW!!!

Remember what I said about the Japanese and attention to detail and craftsmanship on the previous post? Well here is what I referring to.

Both canisters are stamp with a welded metal plate with a unique serial number for this exhaust system and the engine that it was designed for!!

Even the Mid-pipe is stamped

Here is the label they put on the system at the store in Japan

And here is the complete system

Last edited by Robz32; 11-11-2015 at 10:53 PM.

Nice to see someone starting to install some "JDM" parts on these cars since stateside companies aren't interested in producing much for it.
    2013 M37x Moonlight White w/ Graphite Interior

Part III Installation

Well not much to say here other than the exhaust fitted PERFECT!!! and it looks amazing on the car and sounds great! It took more time to unwrap the whole system than it did to install it.

Passenger side hanger was not tighten at moment this picture was taken.

Burnt Titanium tips with Laser engraved Nur Spec

Well that is all for now guys, I am really happy with the system, I highly recommend it to anyone that is not pleased with the few available options here in the US and is looking for a high quality exhaust for their M/Q70. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to show everyone what is available for our cars and hopefully motivate stateside shops to start carrying products like these for our cars.

Rob
    Last edited by Robz32; 11-11-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Nice install Robz32, do you have a clip? would love to see how that bad boy sounds
    2011 M37S Moonlight White
    2006 Range Rover
    2012 Camaro LS (Wife Ride)
    2004 Cadillac Escalade (Wife's Ride, Pearl White/Peanut Butter Interior Totaled 09)
    1995 Impala SS Modded DCM (Dark Cherry Metallic) Sold
    2004 Impala SS (Sold)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/229728...a-ss-sedan-4d/

http://www.nicoclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by stm37s View Post
    Nice install Robz32, do you have a clip? would love to see how that bad boy sounds
    Working on that. Will try to get the video made this weekend as the weather will be nice, we have had nothing but rain for the past couple of weeks.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robz32 View Post
    Working on that. Will try to get the video made this weekend as the weather will be nice, we have had nothing but rain for the past couple of weeks.

Rob
    Trust me, I know ALL ABOUT THE RAIN, lol
    2006 Range Rover
    2004 Cadillac Escalade (Wife's Ride, Pearl White/Peanut Butter Interior Totaled 09)
    2004 Impala SS (Sold)

Oh man looks like rolling the dice turned out great. Glad it worked well for you. If you don't mind me asking who did you order it through and how much did it cost?

Also I wonder if there is much difference in the exhaust layout between the 3.7L vs the 5.6L counterparts?

Quote Originally Posted by CRV_33 View Post
    Oh man looks like rolling the dice turned out great. Glad it worked well for you. If you don't mind me asking who did you order it through and how much did it cost?

Also I wonder if there is much difference in the exhaust layout between the 3.7L vs the 5.6L counterparts?
    It looks a lot like the Stillen as far as layout. I would be interested as well if they make one for the 5.6L.

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat View Post
    It looks a lot like the Stillen as far as layout. I would be interested as well if they make one for the 5.6L.
    The exhaust is the same on both cars. All the 3.7L systems will bolt up to the 5.6L models. They will sound different though.

Any Japanese market exhaust, and parts in general, will likely be marketed for the 3.7L only since the 5.6 is not an option there. They also offer the 3.5L hybrid and a 2.5L there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Debonair View Post
    The exhaust is the same on both cars. All the 3.7L systems will bolt up to the 5.6L models. They will sound different though.

Any Japanese market exhaust, and parts in general, will likely be marketed for the 3.7L only since the 5.6 is not an option there. They also offer the 3.5L hybrid and a 2.5L there too.
    You are correct on all counts.

From the Y pipe back the exhaust is the same for both 3.7 and 5.6 versions of the Y51 in the US. From researching a lot of JDM parts for our cars, the 2.5L also has the same exhaust layout as our 3.7L, so if you run across an exhaust for a 2.5L it will work on our 3.7L and 5.6L versions from the Y pipe back.

Rob

i have the nur spec for my GS400... sounds perfect.. nice to see they make a version for the M37... some nice options for the M
    99GS400-DWP-62kmiles, Tein, L-tuned, L-sportline,19'' Axis, EBC,Brembo,SS lines, Blitz, Tein F/R STB, RMM intake, :D

97 ES300- 119k-K&N, KYB, DD

Where's that sound clip Robz32, lol
    2006 Range Rover
    2004 Impala SS (Sold)