The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: QX56 and M56 Timing Chain TSB is now a recall.

QX56 and M56 Timing Chain TSB is now a recall.

If you own a QX56 or a M56, you are eligible to have your timing chains and oil jets replaced at your dealership. A loaner will be furnished to you, as the job will take about 4 - 5 days to complete. This is only for the 5.6 motors only. I believe that this covers 2011 - 2013 models, but I would check to be sure. I dropped my car off last Wednesday afternoon, and drove a new Q70L loaner until yesterday afternoon when I picked my car up. Definite improvement, as my oil jet was chewed up. The replacement parts list is comprised of about 58 different items, including the following complete fluid replacements; limited slip oil, power steering fluid, transmission fluid, engine oil, and blue coolant. Schedule yours today!

Wow !

Sounds like they are making sure drivers are reimbursed for the hassle of the recall by taking care of extra maintenance items!!!
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Parts list

Here's what they replaced. Replacement timing chains are heavier duty design.

Quote Originally Posted by palmerwmd View Post
    Wow !

Sounds like they are making sure drivers are reimbursed for the hassle of the recall by taking care of extra maintenance items!!!
    Lol yeah right. They are replacing all that stuff because they are dropping the entire subframe. No way you can do a proper timing change job on a 5.6 V8 Infiniti without removing engine. Space is too tight to be done carefully. Easiest way to do it is going to be to drop the entire front subframe with engine and transmission attached. Driveshaft will need to be removed also. Coolant, power steering, transmission fluid, rear diff fluid, transfer case fluid on X models, and oil will all need to be drained. That is why it takes 4-5days.

I cant believe Nissan\Infiniti is paying for this. This is similar to the stupid plastic timing change guides used on the 89-93 Q45s.

This fix is labor intensive! I would expect to pay over $10k out of pocket for this amount of work and parts. So much could go wrong while doing this, I would be afraid to go to a dealer with questionable technicians.

That's crazy. I never knew my M had a problem of this ilk. Hopefully they offer an extra warranty for all of the extraneous parts getting played with during this recall. Good for them though. They must not have stockholders because this won't help the quarterly corporate profits too much.