The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Things New 2018/19 Infiniti QX50

Yea, I'm REALLY pissed they basically didn't touch the interior of the QX80. I was okay with a refresh as models in this class have a long lifespan, but for them to not update at least the center stack and gauges... Like, COME ON! This is supposed to be the Flagship of the brand and the QX50 is about to debut with more tech. THIS is disappointing. For people to get into this thing and see the same overall layout as the Armada is just sad in this day and age. While it is a very luxurious interior, it needs to be redesigned! SMH Infiniti.
    My Opin.

Former: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE Sedan 6MT [Totaled :( ]
    Current: 2013 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan

Infiniti needs to act quick to survive in my opinion. Infinitis survival is based on two models right now the QX50 and Q50. If the upcoming QX50 does not sell well then I see Infiniti in real trouble. I don't see it outselling the RX but I do hope to see close numbers. Those two models are the bread and butter for the brand and probably will be for a very long time.

I would actually say their core models are Q50, QX50, QX60 and QX80. The QX60 is now outselling the Q50, not by much but it is. I agree the QX50 is VERY important to the brand and really has to succeed this time. It for sure should outsell both the Q50 and QX60. I hope it sells in the 5-7k range.

I've now come down on my pistivity on the QX80 refresh... while it still sux, though the interior is dated it is top notch in quality. I just wish they went the extra mile. Maybe they'll update the interior in a year or so... hopefully. Either way, the QX80 should remain strong if not sell more now that the exterior looks much better.
    My Opin.

I completely forgot about the QX60, your absolutely right. I think that sums up the entire core model except for the QX80 which I don't see it being in the list. I can't see any other model to sell well for Infiniti. The Q70 was never a great seller, unfortunately the Germans have that covered both Infiniti and Lexus has figured that out. Heck Lexus seems like its not going to produce the GS any longer and will be somehow combined with EX. Speaking of the EX, I'm surprised Infiniti doesn't have a model to tackle that segment. The previous I35 was the ES competitor and very well, well enough to save the brand. The next Q80/Q45 replacement even though not fully confirmed is said to be a porsche panamera competitor. I don't know if Infiniti can push numbers in that class, I hope they do.

I do think the QX80 is one of their core models. It may not be their best seller, but in its class, it is doing very well, especially if you compare it to the Lexus LX. Again, not the top seller in the class but its a $70k+ model Infiniti sells at an average rate of 1-2k per month and it should only get better with the refresh.
    My Opin.

The the qx50 is not a Lexus RX350 competitor the qx50 is a Lexus NX competitor right? The qx70 is supposed to be the RX 350 competitor but they killed it

Quote Originally Posted by rennie4 View Post
    The the qx50 is not a Lexus RX350 competitor the qx50 is a Lexus NX competitor right? The qx70 is supposed to be the RX 350 competitor but they killed it
    Its a bit confusing I guess. Ive seen the QX30 being compared to the NX many times in reviews. The QX60 is more in line with the RX, MDX and Audi Q7. The QX70 was more in line with the Mercedes ML and X5 and Q5 I would say. I guess what I'm trying to say overall is that Infiniti is going to mainly rely on a few models to keep it going at least for now.

The RX is kind of a tweener model and the same can be said about the NX. The RX sits between the X3/GLC and X5/GLE. I don't think it really is a direct competitor to the MDX or QX60... the upcoming 3-row version will be. The NX is a bigger CUV than the QX30/GLA/X1, yet smaller than an X3. The QX70 wasn't really an RX competitor either. It's interior was way too compromised/cramped and it's RWD. The FX/QX70 really launched the whole X6/GLE Coupe class... too bad it's bowing out of a class it pioneered.

The Q5 is an X3/GLC competitor, not the GLE/ML.

Pretty much most of the Lux brands SUVs don't exactly line up. I think the only ones that do is BMW vs MB.
    Last edited by NissLover; 11-13-2017 at 12:04 AM.
    My Opin.

When they do comparison test they group the Lexus NX as a BMW X1 as competitor even though the Lexus NX is slightly bigger than BMW X1. Even though the Lexus RX350 is bigger than the Infiniti QX70 day to compete with each other it's just that one is smaller and more sporting and the other one is bigger. They sure close to the same wheelbase but the infinity just decided to make it smaller but it is still wide. This model does seem like a size between the X1 and the X3 though they aren't really set categories when it comes to this because a lot of vehicles in this class have a lower price and and is bigger. I feel that the qx30 is a bit smaller than the X1.

Best news so far. I read this in an article on automobilemag "Infiniti is already at work fitting a traditional automatic transmission for production, though the CVT will also be offered."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12