The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All Things New 2018/19 Infiniti QX50

Quote Originally Posted by NissLover View Post
    Yea, I have gotten that message for weeks now.

The QX50 looks GREAT!
    Maybe that's why no one comes here? I've gotten it for over a year now in another browser.

QX50 does look good. I'm pleased with the design and technology. It looks like its going to be a well-rounded vehicle just like the 2nd Gen Rogue.
    2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD.

AKA... 2HD

Quote Originally Posted by rennie4 View Post
    So where do we talk about the Nissan kicks? I don't have a problem with it as long as it's priced right. They say starting under 18k...
    I cant stand kicks, an unfortunate Juke replacement design wise. Kicks looks like an unfinished design to me especially the front hood. Very bland design that looks dated already. Very unlike Nissan except if they want to go the opposite direction of their competitors which have all put out outlandish designs in this category.... on the other hand Nissan started this category with the outlandishly designed Juke so not sure what to think of their decision in this chicken/egg scenario. Also I thought it was starting at $19k which is a little high IMO.

I'm actually more excited about the Eclipse Cross.

I really wish this was the next Juke.

Last edited by Nissan_Motor_Co; 12-04-2017 at 10:33 AM.

AKA... 2HD

I think Infiniti has a home run on their hands. I really think the new QX50 could help them to tie Audi in sales, if not pass them up.

Where Infiniti really nailed the success of this CUV is the interior and the tech. They really went all out on the interior and it seems that everything is clothed in leather. I truly think they have tied the GLC for best in class interior. I just read a review on the brand new X3 over on auto guide and it was very underwhelming. They said the best things about it were all of the expensive options and even still they only considered it okay to good. But looking at the interior... the QX50 DEFINITELY has it beat.

So I agree, this will be Infiniti's "Rogue" in that it just seems to be all around good and they dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's. Also, all the mags/blogs that got to test out the VC-Turbo in the QX50 all had consistently good reviews of it and said that it was a solid and refined engine and the tech works seamlessly and is pretty much invisible to the driver.

Looking forward to how this performs in the market and in the reviews/comparisons to come.

As far as the Kicks... I like it. It seems they went for an even more mini-Rogue vibe than the Rogue Sport. Though I hate the weak-sauce engine. Overall, It will do much better in the market for Nissan than the Juke. I was an early adopter to the Jukes funky styling, but I understand such a controversial design has temporary appeal. I think the Kicks will be able to sale at the rate of the Jukes peak more consistently.
    Last edited by NissLover; 12-05-2017 at 11:43 AM.
    My Opin.

Former: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE Sedan 6MT [Totaled :( ]
    Current: 2013 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan

I think Infiniti has a home run on their hands. I really think the new QX50 could help them to tie Audi in sales, if not pass them up.

Where Infiniti really nailed the success of this CUV is the interior and the tech. They really went all out on the interior and it seems that everything is clothed in leather. I truly think they have tied the GLC for best in class interior. I just read a review on the brand new X3 over on auto guide and it was very underwhelming. They said the best things about it were all of the expensive options and even still they only considered it okay to good. But looking at the interior... the QX50 DEFINITELY has it beat.

So I agree, this will be Infiniti's "Rogue" in that it just seems to be all around good and they dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's. Also, all the mags/blogs that got to test out the VC-Turbo in the QX50 all had consistently good reviews of it and said that it was a solid and refined engine and the tech works seamlessly and is pretty much invisible to the driver.

Looking forward to how this performs in the market and in the reviews/comparisons to come.

As far as the Kicks... I like it. It seems they went for an even more mini-Rogue vibe than the Rogue Sport. Though I hate the weak-sauce engine. Overall, It will do much better in the market for Nissan than the Juke. I was an early adopter to the Jukes funky styling, but I understand such a controversial design has temporary appeal. I think the Kicks will be able to sale at the rate of the Jukes peak more consistently.
    Links to the QX50 reviews?

The thing about Juke is that it earned overall respect from people who even despise Nissan. They may not have liked the styling (which I dont either) but they respect the fact that it took balls to bring something like that to the market and it was unique instead of the bland stuff other automakers put out, that and it's turbo helped too. I believe Juke actually has one of the strongest model name images in the line-up, I'm hoping Nissan is not stupid enough to just throw that away cause they seriously need to work on their brand image overtime which I think is suppressing sales pushing them to fleet to make up for volume. I havent read anything official from Nissan directly saying Juke was discontinued and Nissan in the past has said that Juke is not an suv/crossover while intending it to be more upscale; it is not listed in the SUV/crossover line up in the sales charts like Kicks is intended to be as well.

AKA... 2HD

Quote Originally Posted by Nissan_Motor_Co View Post
    Links to the QX50 reviews?

The thing about Juke is that it earned overall respect from people who even despise Nissan. They may not have liked the styling (which I dont either) but they respect the fact that it took balls to bring something like that to the market and it was unique instead of the bland stuff other automakers put out, that and it's turbo helped too. I believe Juke actually has one of the strongest model name images in the line-up, I'm hoping Nissan is not stupid enough to just throw that away cause they seriously need to work on their brand image overtime which I think is suppressing sales pushing them to fleet to make up for volume. I havent read anything official from Nissan directly saying Juke was discontinued and Nissan in the past has said that Juke is not an suv/crossover while intending it to be more upscale; it is not listed in the SUV/crossover line up in the sales charts like Kicks is intended to be as well.
    They weren't full on reviews... well at least they weren't able to comment on the QX50 itself, just the powertrain. ( I was going to find a link and provide, buuuttt it's taking to long to find the article... and I obviously have work to do Lol)

But I just realized/remembered that I have actually seen the Kicks on the road here in Houston a few months back. It really reads as a Rogue on the road. The only thing that caught my eye to tell it wasn't was the uniquely shaped tailgate shape. I wan't to say that it had Mexico plates on it.
    My Opin.

Car and Driver and Motor Trend had some positive reviews on the QX50 this winter, which I won't post links to because I hate them and their increasingly childish, unprofessional writing style. Also, Car and Driver puts the Accord on their 10 Best list even when much better cars exist in the class (new Camry, Mazda6); most Accords sold have the 1.5L turbo and a CVT, which they don't even like lol.

I prefer the more professional, detail-oriented youtube reviews like Alex Dykes here and a few others (including some German channels with English dubs/subtitles).

It reviews very well from his perspective. He even said that it has the best interior Infiniti has ever done. I sat in it in NY and I must say, it's very nice, and has a nice Germanic build quality, but in terms of materials used the Q60 and QX80 are a little nicer inside.

Quote Originally Posted by JayG35 View Post
    Car and Driver and Motor Trend had some positive reviews on the QX50 this winter, which I won't post links to because I hate them and their increasingly childish, unprofessional writing style. Also, Car and Driver puts the Accord on their 10 Best list even when much better cars exist in the class (new Camry, Mazda6); most Accords sold have the 1.5L turbo and a CVT, which they don't even like lol.

I prefer the more professional, detail-oriented youtube reviews like Alex Dykes here and a few others (including some German channels with English dubs/subtitles).

It reviews very well from his perspective. He even said that it has the best interior Infiniti has ever done. I sat in it in NY and I must say, it's very nice, and has a nice Germanic build quality, but in terms of materials used the Q60 and QX80 are a little nicer inside.

Ya, saw the video the first day it was posted. I enjoy Alexonautos videos, well organized and thorough unlike redline videos which is just a bias smattering of random comments.

AKA... 2HD

Yea, I like Alex on Autos reviews. Very thorough! My new favorite though is Straight Pipes, not the most technical and thorough reviews, just 2 guys that love cars and their editing/quality is PRETTY awesome.

And I was surprised at how much MT liked the QX50. I would say it was borderline glowing... ok maybe not, but it was pretty positive to say this was an Infiniti/Nissan product... The stepchild of the automotive press world. What caught my eye was the performance numbers the new QX50 put up. It's figure 8 and road-handling stats almost matched the old RWD chassis and bested all of the immediate competition. Doesn't quite match the Q5 in 0-60, but it's pretty on par with the rest of the class. I am hoping that this engine will best its EPA ratings, which I think MT hinted at. Overall, very good review.

I also like how they(MT) are doing separate interior review articles now. I sat in one at the dealer with the Autograph package while I had my G37 in for service... AWESOME!!!! I agree that it's probably up there with the QX80 for the best interiors Infiniti has produced. The attention to detail and the materials are impeccable. The entire dash and most of the doors seem to use a soft leatherlike material. The whole thing seems hand stitched and not like it was molded, instead, it seems there's a solid underlying structure that has been beautifully stitched and covered. And this is not something that is unique to the Autograph package, this is across the line, from the base Pure model up to the fully loaded Essential w/Autograph. On the Autograph package, the blue suede is awesome and it seems like it will be durable over time. I also love the little detail of the piping that is added on the passenger side of the dash in the seam. I would love to see it at night with all of the ambient lighting lit up.

I think the biggest flaw of the entire car is the infotainment, it falls behind the competition there. But I think it should suffice with the majority of buyers and supposedly CarPlay and AA should be coming next year.
    My Opin.

Sooooooo.... this is PURE GENIUS!!!

Infiniti is teaming up with Marvel for Avengers: Infinity Wars!

Press release here: http://infinitinews.com/en-US/infini...f-all-new-qx50

The QX50 will be featured in the movie as well as have a 90 second spot before the movie, which can be seen below... Kinda corny and it sounds like the edited in a Q50/60 Red Sport with the optional sport exhaust kit for the exhaust note... shame shame! But either way, from a marketing perspective... this is THE BEST thing they have ever done! And we know their marketing has been their greatest downfall through out the years. But the Star Wars pair up with the Rogue worked wonders and this could be Infiniti's attempt at the same thing. I say this is a win and should solidify the QX50 as a hit and Infiniti's new top seller. I say BRAVO!

I love the morph from INFINITY to INFINITI at the end... I feel like they finally have the chance to address the misspelling in a classy way. Lol.

What's funny is, when I heard the name of this movie, I thought to myself it would be cool if Infiniti capitalized on this opportunity... quickly followed up with a "yeah right". But they proved me wrong. I wonder how this partnership was put into motion and who approached who.
    Last edited by NissLover; 04-18-2018 at 12:43 PM.
    My Opin.

Sooooooo.... this is PURE GENIUS!!!

Infiniti is teaming up with Marvel for Avengers: Infinity Wars!

Press release here: http://infinitinews.com/en-US/infini...f-all-new-qx50

The QX50 will be featured in the movie as well as have a 90 second spot before the movie, which can be seen below... Kinda corny and it sounds like the edited in a Q50/60 Red Sport with the optional sport exhaust kit for the exhaust note... shame shame! But either way, from a marketing perspective... this is THE BEST thing they have ever done! And we know their marketing has been their greatest downfall through out the years. But the Star Wars pair up with the Rogue worked wonders and this could be Infiniti's attempt at the same thing. I say this is a win and should solidify the QX50 as a hit and Infiniti's new top seller. I say BRAVO!

I love the morph from INFINITY to INFINITI at the end... I feel like they finally have the chance to address the misspelling in a classy way. Lol.

What's funny is, when I heard the name of this movie, I thought to myself it would be cool if Infiniti capitalized on this opportunity... quickly followed up with a "yeah right". But they proved me wrong. I wonder how this partnership was put into motion and who approached who.

YESSSSS! I was hoping Infiniti would team up with the Avengers: Infinity Wars movie! They lucked out with their long Disney relationship (the marketing companies manage both Nissan and Disney accounts) otherwise chiatday is crap.

BUT WHAT TOOK SO LONG??? I thought the marketing would happen like a month before the movie came out! Infiniti may actually one-up lexus on this front.

AKA... 2HD

I am interested in knowing more about the platform the QX50 is built on. Was reading the MT first drive of the updated Acura RLX Sport Hybrid and realized that the QX50 bested it in their figure 8 test...

RLX: 26.9 seconds at an average of 0.67 g
    GS450h: 26.3 seconds at an average of 0.70 g

New QX50:
    26.4 seconds at an average of 0.69 g
    Old QX50:
    26.2 seconds at an average of 0.70 g

Other Competition:
    Q5: 27.2 at 0.65 g
    X3: 26.9 at 0.64 g
    GLC: 27.6 at 0.63 g

This platform seems to be pretty stout if its besting all of its competition, even the RWD ones and keeping up with midsize sedans that are RWD or have "Super-Handling AWD", though they are heavier Hybrid variants.
    Last edited by NissLover; Yesterday at 09:45 AM.
    My Opin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissan_Motor_Co View Post
    YESSSSS! I was hoping Infiniti would team up with the Avengers: Infinity Wars movie! They lucked out with their long Disney relationship (the marketing companies manage both Nissan and Disney accounts) otherwise chiatday is crap.

BUT WHAT TOOK SO LONG??? I thought the marketing would happen like a month before the movie came out! Infiniti may actually one-up lexus on this front.
    Yeah, I thought promo like this would have started sooner. It seems like it was a late partnership. I wouldn't doubt if they had to go back and add the QX50 scene in the final cut.
    My Opin.

It'll be nice for Infiniti if the QX50 sells as well as the QX60 does.
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses." They're not gonna catch us. We're on a Mission from God. Hit it.

From the book of 1 Avalonians: Thou shalt not park a Nissan Maxima in thine driveway and thou shalt not have any gods before Toyotathon.

They're expecting it to become their best-seller. In this market, I think that's a given. So it should outsell the QX60 and Q50.

Though I've seen a couple of articles where they have stressed to dealers to take their time selling them and let the demand sell them, and making sure that the supply matches the demand. I think they're trying to shift away from being so incentive heavy and keeping inventory lean, with the goal of increasing transaction prices. So it may not do it over night, but eventually it will become their best-seller.

But yes, it'll be nice to see Infiniti have 3 cars that can sell over 3-4k a month, consistently.
    Last edited by NissLover; Today at 11:06 AM.
    My Opin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123