The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: 2019 Altima

That is some REALLY effective wrap they have it covered in. The pattern does a good job of creating optical illusions and makes it hard to make out some of the contours unless the car is at a certain angle and the sun is shining directly on it.

But from what I can tell, this is a production version of the Vmotion 2.0 concept. It's not as close to concept as the Maxima and Murano tho. Like I said the camo is deceiving and some angles doesn't look so good, but from others I see a pretty good looking car under there. It looks like it may be going with a completely blacked out roof, as there seems to be no evidence of a piece that could be body colored.

Things that I see that I don't like.... I hate the return of the signals in the lower bumper above the fog lights that they got rid of with the refresh of the current Altima. The execution may be better once the camo comes off but I still think they look kinda cheap. And come on Nissan, it's time for some new parts bin foglights. At least make them LED if you're going to keep them round. And I REEEAAALLLLLYYYYY hope those taillights are NOT production spec! They don't look to be LED (unacceptable, that should be standard now) and that amber lense for the signals looks instantly dated. Otherwise, this looks to be a mid-range SV trim with navigation based off the wheel size (looks like 17s and on the inside there's no homelink on the rear view mirror), so it may not be the top of the line SL or sportier SR.

The interior... homerun! Like I said this looks like an SV and it looks pretty upscale. Typically not a fan of the tablet like screen on the dash, but it seems nicely integrated here. I'm liking what I am seeing on the dash with the leather like section framed with silver trim below it. Looks like there will be a two tone scheme when the interior is not black. The center console looks like it didn't get that much attention to detail when it was designed. But overall it looks 100 times better than the current Altima interior, which I think looked kinda old "Buickish" or "Avalonish" to me.

It's funny that this go around the Camry, Altima and Accord debut this year and all going to be on sale within a year from each other.

Side note... anyone else think that these "spy shots" are coordinated marketing efforts by these manufacturers? I really think they are setup... at least for Nissan who seems to be able to bring cars to market without ever being seen in the public in these types of spy pics.
    Last edited by NissLover; 08-11-2017 at 07:43 AM.

The current Altima is so good I struggle to think of significant improvements:

Maybe make all Altis handle like the SR would be one.
    Maybe make the leather in the SL a bit thicker.
    Maybe up the quality/feel of interior materials?

But then the line to the Maxima would be blurred again. as the Maxima's strength vs the Alti has been upgraded interior and handling.

Fuel Economy which is currently within a stone's throw of a hybrid will likely only see minor improvement.

I hope they dont make the fuel tank smaller... that was always one of the cool features of this car the loooong unrefuelled range.

Other vehicles with similar mpg generally have noticably smaller tanks
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Loving it already, especially the front end.... I saw these pics on autonews and was just about to post them. I've been waiting for this to show up since the AMAZING Vmotion 2.0 concept debuted. IMO that was Nissan's best looking concept car ever.

I guess I really shouldnt expect the production car to be so close but I really did hope the door panels would be move to production some what.

As for the interior... it's very un-Nissan like? The gauge cluster and lcd are better than the camry though which seems to even fall below the current gen Altima.
    2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD.

AKA... 2HD

Quote Originally Posted by NissLover View Post
    That is some REALLY effective wrap they have it covered in. The pattern does a good job of creating optical illusions and makes it hard to make out some of the contours unless the car is at a certain angle and the sun is shining directly on it.

But from what I can tell, this is a production version of the Vmotion 2.0 concept. It's not as close to concept as the Maxima and Murano tho. Like I said the camo is deceiving and some angles doesn't look so good, but from others I see a pretty good looking car under there. It looks like it may be going with a completely blacked out roof, as there seems to be no evidence of a piece that could be body colored.

Things that I see that I don't like.... I hate the return of the signals in the lower bumper above the fog lights that they got rid of with the refresh of the current Altima. The execution may be better once the camo comes off but I still think they look kinda cheap. And come on Nissan, it's time for some new parts bin foglights. At least make them LED if you're going to keep them round. And I REEEAAALLLLLYYYYY hope those taillights are NOT production spec! They don't look to be LED (unacceptable, that should be standard now) and that amber lense for the signals looks instantly dated. Otherwise, this looks to be a mid-range SV trim with navigation based off the wheel size (looks like 17s and on the inside there's no homelink on the rear view mirror), so it may not be the top of the line SL or sportier SR.

The interior... homerun! Like I said this looks like an SV and it looks pretty upscale. Typically not a fan of the tablet like screen on the dash, but it seems nicely integrated here. I'm liking what I am seeing on the dash with the leather like section framed with silver trim below it. Looks like there will be a two tone scheme when the interior is not black. The center console looks like it didn't get that much attention to detail when it was designed. But overall it looks 100 times better than the current Altima interior, which I think looked kinda old "Buickish" or "Avalonish" to me.

It's funny that this go around the Camry, Altima and Accord debut this year and all going to be on sale within a year from each other.

Side note... anyone else think that these "spy shots" are coordinated marketing efforts by these manufacturers? I really think they are setup... at least for Nissan who seems to be able to bring cars to market without ever being seen in the public in these types of spy pics.

OH MY we are thinking a like... I first have to address your last comment about the spy photos. I was thinking the same thing, Nissan is never caught with its pants down but first Leaf and now Altima? I really do think it the spy photos were purposely released, someone got that close to take interior pics with the driver just sitting there parked? I think Nissan is trying to steal the attention away from the accord and camry since Altima will be released last of the three. But if I'm not mistaken didnt the honda move up the accord launch by a year? It's usually not launched this close to the camry and a year behind, now all three are being launched within months of each other.

Ya, I'm surprised that they brought the orange signals above the foglights back but I kinda liked them in the current model before the refresh, seemed like an upscale touch and reminded me of what lexus used to do although a bit dated.

Yes, they need LEDs standard everywhere, I will still say they blew it with the refresh by not making it standard, LEDs are common place now but a few years ago it was really good self publicity and I would say that's one of the features that really brought attention to the Rogue.

I am TIRED of the round exhausts! WHY????? it's going to 20 years they used the round exhausts, why would you use a round exhaust on a car with sharp angles everywhere???? Murano can have different exhaust why not Maxima and Altima?

I wonder how the non-nav/infotainment dash will look. Otherwise the interior looks high quality
    2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD.

AKA... 2HD

I agree, the interior is a departure from what Nissan typically does. In this case, this is a good thing. Nissan has been on a role with interiors as of late, glad to see it continuing. Although I am trying to figure out if some of the trim pieces are not the final materials that will be used. I looked at the full size pics and noticed that the plastics on the top of the instrument cluster/gauges, steering column and the plastic that surrounds the climate controls look like hard shiny plastic. Won't overthink it... it is a test mule.

I agree on the round tail pipes. Lol. When I saw them I just thought "Ugh". They could at least change the style of the tips instead of the same ole rolled edge that's been on the Altima for the last 15 years. But it is one of the cues that make me recognize this car as an Altima instantly, which I do think is cool.

I think the screen will remain on all trim levels. We have to keep in mind that Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will require screens so pretty much all cars will have to have screens in them from now on as its going to become a demand by consumers that they offer that integration. And it may not be too far fetched that it may come standard with NAV. They have some stiff competition from Honda and Toyota and they will have to find something to stand out.

And yea, the fact that the guy is just sitting there while the pics are being taken of the interior, which just happens to have the covers removed from key areas just screams STAGED! I thought the same thing about the QX50 spy shots I posted (that no one seemed to care about... ). I was hoping Nissan would stir the pot that is the Camry and Accord debuts with the Altima's debut. This should def breathe some life into this segment. All of the top 3 will be all new, sounds like fun! Lol.

Lets just hope Nissan refines the CVT and engineers back in some of the sportiness that it lost in the last gen. That's where the Altima seemed to have failed in comparison tests. I think they need to place a higher priority on winning some of these inevitable comparison tests that will happen with all 3 of these cars being all new. The Camry seems to be a champ dynamically and the Accord is always the Accord. Nissan NEEDS to find that balance of ride and handling and the CVT needs to behave as close to a traditional auto as possible. As we all know, Nissan/Infiniti is always the underdog and fighting an uphill battle in the automotive media.
    My Opin.

Former: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE Sedan 6MT [Totaled :( ]
    Current: 2013 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan

Also, I am curious as to what powertrains/engines Nissan will use. They mention an AWD option in the article, but I think that is misinformation... or it better be because if the Altima has AWD and the Maxima doesn't... one word... Uproar.

But if I were Nissan, I would be hesitant to just up and replace the 2.5L/CVT combo. It is SO efficient! And from what I have seen around the forums, it really delivers in the real world and seems to exceed its EPA mileage ratings. These small turbo engines put up good EPA numbers, but I think where Nissan is winning people with the Altima is its real world mileage. So yeah... that's going to be a tough one.

If I were them I would do my best to refine the engine and update with some new tech. Who cares if reviewers cry because it dates back to 2002... it puts down decent power and is VERY efficient! More so than the Sentra and Versa.

And the V6... it could make sense to go with a high power turbo 4-cyl to cause some differentiation between the Altima and the Maxima. But I also wonder if the fact that the Maxima shares the V6 with the Altima helps keep it's costs down. I do think that was the case at one point, but the VQ35Dwhatever is now being used in the Pathfinder/QX70, and I think they sell way more than the V6 Altima ever did, so that may fix that. But what 2.0 Turbo does Nissan have to use in the Altima to push out 250hp+? And is Nissan willing to let the Camry COMPLETELY trump the class sitting at 301hp (well besides the Fusion Sport)? I also wonder if the Variable Compression Turbo thats debuting in the QX50 is going to be shared outside of the Infiniti brand. I kinda want it to be exclusive to the brand, but I def think they can recoup development costs much quicker by sharing it. And being that it's mated to a CVT, I think it may be inevitable.

Honestly, for years there's been the complaint of there not being enough difference between the Altima and Maxima, so I think the time has come that the Altima will lose it's V6 option. But obviously I could be wrong.

Then we have to consider if Nissan is going to step into the Hybrid/Plugin arena this go around.

So what will Nissan do... so many options! Of course, if there were to be the debut of any new Nissan powertrain, it would be on the Altima being that now along with the Rogue, its the companies bread and butter!

It sure would be nice if Nissan joined Honda in their quest to save the Manual (A manual will be available on both non-hybrid engines in the Accord)! But THAT is SURELY a pipe dream!
    My Opin.

Former: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE Sedan 6MT [Totaled :( ]
    Current: 2013 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan