The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: Anyone Still Driving a 03-04 M45? Driver Side Mirror Glass Discoloration...

Anyone Still Driving a 03-04 M45? Driver Side Mirror Glass Discoloration...

Anyone still driving a 2003 M45??? Mine just turned 90,000 miles and still going strong, especially after replacing the starter. Over the last year or so, the driver side mirror glass has turned to a yellow or orange color. Wondering if this is a common problem and if so, can just the mirror glass be replaced. I see an entire assembly on eBay for sale with the same problem, of course they try to hide it buy taking pictures on a dark surface to hide it in the reflection, but it's there. I was told by the dealer it won't cause it to fail inspection, but I would like to have a normal mirror.
    2015 Toyota Tundra Platinum (silver)
    2006 Infiniti FX45 (silver)
    2003 Infiniti M45 (silver)

Don't own one but I would do a search for the glass online. You should find it cheap. Installation though? I'm not sure what's involved as I've never owned a car long enough to need one. Hopefully double backed tape. I hope to own a car for a long time though someday.

I found a used one for sale online in like new condition, easy swap.
    2015 Toyota Tundra Platinum (silver)
    2006 Infiniti FX45 (silver)
    2003 Infiniti M45 (silver)

Quote Originally Posted by AEConfidential View Post
    I found a used one for sale online in like new condition, easy swap.
    I'm happy to hear that.
    When I saw your post kinda wished I had a good answer..
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,