The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Time for Infiniti to Put Up or Shut Up

Quote Originally Posted by Indemand View Post
    I have not read every paragraph above but I recommend marriage counseling or divorce immediately.
    I can't speak for Jay but it seems like what me and him try to point out is that they can't afford to be mediocre. Other more established brands will be alright doing what Infiniti is doing for a long period of time. The point I always try to make is that Infiniti cannot afford to make mediocre vehicles any longer. There is just too much good competition and if they don't come back with better products they wont last long.

I have been following this thread with interest.
    Great points made by all and thank you NissLover for putting things into perspective.

"In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Quote Originally Posted by NissLover View Post
    The G37 FEELS better ........
    And there you have it !!

This is what's missing from the current line-up (and many other cars these days). The current G replacements may be more capable on paper, but they lack the edge/excitement & 'fun to drive' factor the G had. And while they may be more competent, they don't inspire confidence to push the car beyond basic commuter levels.

My wife's Honda Accord is the same ! I'm sure technically it performs as well or better than our old G & it certainly has every imaginable electronic toy, but it's BORING to drive. My wife is hardly an enthusiast driver, but even she refers to it as the 'appliance'.

I kick myself regularly for not snapping up one of the old school G's when they were being closed out
    2016 Challenger Hellcat, Max Steel/Blk - A8 trans, Navi, C Fiber Stripes
    2018 Durango R/T, Vice White/Blk, Tow, Blacktop pkg, Perf Tires
    2017 Honda Accord Touring V6, Basque Red Pearl/Ivory

GONE:
    2003.5 G35s Caribbean Blue - Prem, Wood, Spoiler
    2009 G37 Vert Athens Blue/Bone - Prem, Sport, Nav
    2016 Mustang GT Prem, Guard/Ebony - Roush SC +++ ** Lmn Law 1200 mi
    2009 M45s Obsidian/Graphite - Sport, Tech, Adv Tech, Wood, Spoiler
    2007 Titan LE Crew Deep Water Blue
    2002 Q45s Desert Platinum

Hahahahaha!!! No need, I'm over it!
    My Opin.

Former: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE Sedan 6MT [Totaled :( ]
    Current: 2013 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan

My longtime local Infiniti showroom now sells MINI, and the franchise moved to a dumpier part of town - new owner also sells Infiniti elsewhere, but right now they are selling Infinitis out of the side of the Nissan showroom (which is in a dumpier part of town, why not repeat myself).

As for the product, the Japanese luxury sedans have been sliding for years now. It's pretty sad.

Less worried about Infiniti than Cadillac. Infiniti still does pretty well in owner satisfaction and has plenty of CUVs in the lineup in terms of demand. Caddy has neither.
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses." They're not gonna catch us. We're on a Mission from God. Hit it.

From the book of 1 Avalonians: Thou shalt not park a Nissan Maxima in thine driveway and thou shalt not have any gods before Toyotathon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12