The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: 2003 Infiniti M45 - Fan Fluid Leak - Anyone Change To An Electric Fan???

2003 Infiniti M45 - Fan Fluid Leak - Anyone Change To An Electric Fan???

Hello,

I was doing some maintenance under the hood of our 2003 Infiniti M45 when I noticed what appears to be the fuild (power steering fluid) leaking from where the top hose connects to the water pump for the fan fluid. From what I can find in pictures online, it looks like there's an O ring in there. I noticed the 2 bolts were a tad loose so I tighten them and so far it seems OK. Does anyone have a part number for the O ring, is it special or just a regular O ring? I was also wondering if anyone swapped out the factory fan for an electric fan and if so, how hard was it? Thanks.
    2015 Toyota Tundra Platinum (silver)
    2006 Infiniti FX45 (silver)
    2003 Infiniti M45 (silver)

"In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Good for now...

It looks like the two bolts that attach the top hose to the water pump were about a half turn loose. The diagram in the service manual shows an o-ring in that connection. Seems OK now, but if it leaks again I'm going to remove the o-ring and replace it. It was definitely leaking at that connection.
    2015 Toyota Tundra Platinum (silver)
    2006 Infiniti FX45 (silver)
    2003 Infiniti M45 (silver)