The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: Nissan Sales PLUMMET 11.4% In February - Infiniti Sales Vaporize, Down 17.3% For Mont

Nissan Sales PLUMMET 11.4% In February - Infiniti Sales Vaporize, Down 17.3% For Mont

Infiniti is having yet another bad month. Sales of the QX50 are really surprising, they have only moved 1,122 units which is really low for the segment. The QX30 is just a flop at 574 units. I see trouble for Infiniti, I don't think they can linger on any longer with their current line up. If they don't revamp their lineup or go electric soon, ill be the first one to say that they are going to go bankrupt. I don't see them surviving much longer if they don't change things up real soon.

Any new models coming out that we know of? Which models are going to be replaced soon? It seems like their is no news on replacements for any of their cars.
    Attached Images Attached Images

:(

On the Nissan side if they just make the SUV version of the still well selling Frontier again they would have an extra 15000 units per year since that segment is so hot.
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

I honestly think that while the QX50 is a very nice product for its intended purpose, the upper trims/highly optioned models are priced kind of high and it seems people may just be going for the QX60 instead. Ever since the QX50 was redesigned QX60 sales have increased, it seems, and Infiniti even noted that traffic from the QX50 was driving QX60 sales. Also Infiniti said they were not going to be "playing ball" with the QX50 when it comes to incentives, which also may be why people are driving off with QX60s instead.
    My Opin.

Former: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE Sedan 6MT [Totaled :( ]
    Current: 2013 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan

Very predictable. Toyota/Lexus are making better enthusiast cars than Nissan/Infiniti, and on top of that, Nissans and Infinitis have tossed their former reliability reputations out the window. It took them DECADES to build those reps, and they destroyed them in about half a decade here in the teens. Their utterly moronic commitment to CVTs, especially at a time when quality control is among their first cost cuts, is a huge factor. If the new Altima still had the VQ instead of the VC turbo and a geared automatic transmission, it would challenge the Camry in sales. But no...

Nissan's CEO is in jail- is there any wonder why? The man kills everything he touches, and makes poor decision after poor decision. Now Japanese leadership is sparring with Renault and the French government for control of Nissan/Infiniti. There is no upside to any of this. I don't think that Infiniti will last the 2020s. Nissan will be around, but will be far more of an also-ran than we are accustomed to. The way Mazda is now- small, but arguably well-focused, could be the future of Nissan. Especially if they become independent again. That said, Mazda is making far better cars than Nissan now and look ma- no CVTS! That damn transmission is going to kill Nissan first and foremost, and Honda's not too far behind. Take a hint from Toyota- only use those hellspawn in economy cars 3,000 lbs and under.