The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: Very happy how the Nissan leather is holding up

Very happy how the Nissan leather is holding up

My 2011 XTerra is 8 years old and has 130,000 miles on it.
    yet aside from a 1 inch crack on the left side of the drivers seat that I had fixed it still looks great everywhere..

I never though of Nissan leather as something high end or especially durable but here you go
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

I was pleased with the leather in my '03 G35. It held up very well over the years & miles with minimal care on my part.
    Did have to get the drivers seat refomed tho, it compressed & got rock hard.
    2016 Challenger Hellcat, Max Steel/Blk - A8 trans, Navi, C Fiber Stripes
    2018 Durango R/T, Vice White/Blk, Tow, Blacktop pkg, Perf Tires
    2017 Honda Accord Touring V6, Basque Red Pearl/Ivory

GONE:
    2003.5 G35s Caribbean Blue - Prem, Wood, Spoiler
    2009 G37 Vert Athens Blue/Bone - Prem, Sport, Nav
    2016 Mustang GT Prem, Guard/Ebony - Roush SC +++ ** Lmn Law 1200 mi
    2009 M45s Obsidian/Graphite - Sport, Tech, Adv Tech, Wood, Spoiler
    2007 Titan LE Crew Deep Water Blue
    2002 Q45s Desert Platinum

Good news, comrades. The plural of anecdotes is "data."
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses." They're not gonna catch us. We're on a Mission from God. Hit it.

From the book of 1 Avalonians: Thou shalt not park a Nissan Maxima in thine driveway and thou shalt not have any gods before Toyotathon.

03 G35 with 220,000 miles, leather is in great shape. No tears, minimal scuffs or wrinkles.

05 Altima 3.5SL with 155,000 miles, leather is in similar condition.

Both these cars seem to have a level of quality that has been absent in Nissan for the past 5 years or so.

I went to the NY Auto show (bummer about BMW skipping out, eh?), and the new Altima's build quality was notably lesser than my 05's. The door panels and headliner were shocking- just loose and flimsy as can be. Materials were not bad, and overall the car seemed higher in quality than the outgoing 5th gen. But the Accord was nicer and the Camry soundly thumped both. I just don't know what to think anymore. Nissan needs new leadership fast. At least the great older models are everywhere on the used market.