The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: More Info on G35

  1. #1
    **DONOTDELETE**
    Guest

    More Info on G35

    Looks like Infiniti just updated their site with much more info and shots on the G35. Still no word on manual transmission.
    http://www.infiniti.com/g35

  2. #2

    Re: More Info on G35

    Thanks for seeing that.

    Intresting that the G35 only gets an estimated EPA 19/24 mpg with a .27 cf drag. Otherwise, nice pictures.

    I wish they would let us know about the coupe version of this thing. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

    -Mike

  3. #3
    **DONOTDELETE**
    Guest

    Re: More Info on G35

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wxguy95:
    Thanks for seeing that.

    Intresting that the G35 only gets an estimated EPA 19/24 mpg with a .27 cf drag. Otherwise, nice pictures.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    That does sound promising though... (in performance part of story) It sounds as if the auto has pretty close ratio to optimize the power from engine ^_^

  4. #4

    Re: More Info on G35

    I really liked the pics of the interior, real sporty and luxurious. I didn't know the back seats were gonna recline. That's gotta be a first for this segment. It looks awesome in black. I can't wait! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    **DONOTDELETE**
    Guest

    Re: More Info on G35

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jinu117:


    That does sound promising though... (in performance part of story) It sounds as if the auto has pretty close ratio to optimize the power from engine ^_^
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    These are conservative ratings based on Weight and CC's. Drag and rotating mass are not a part of the equation.
    Only after Pre-production usage and testing, will the 'closer to reality' specs show the Fed EPA estimates.
    FYI

  6. #6
    **DONOTDELETE**
    Guest

    Re: More Info on G35

    Did I forget to mention the reclining backseats before? The analog clock, I don't think I like. Everything else is still looking good. The interior looks a little nicer than the Japanese Skyline version. Please bring this sooner than April. The autshow in Detroit is in a few weeks and it will be there. Also the Chicago Auto Show will be Feb 10th-19th, I might go to that one. My wife's car got backed into by a semi two days ago while sitting in a parking lot, and although it still runs fine, it appears to be totalled with a big gash behind the back door. I am hoping we can get a backup car until the G35 comes out or we may have to go with a new Maxima or a used ('95?)Maxima.

  7. #7
    **DONOTDELETE**
    Guest

    Re: More Info on G35

    I hope the sunroof is an option.

  8. #8
    **DONOTDELETE**
    Guest

    Re: More Info on G35

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GroovinGTR:
    I really liked the pics of the interior, real sporty and luxurious. I didn't know the back seats were gonna recline. That's gotta be a first for this segment. It looks awesome in black. I can't wait! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Like someone pointing out before, the interior gadges don't optimize for left hand side driver. It seems like they just switch the steering wheel from right to left and leave others unchange (notice the volumne nob is near the passenger's side than the driver's side etc). Very disappointed. When I first learned about it, I thought it's not the final production. But now, it seems true [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

  9. #9

    Re: More Info on G35

    I know that it comes with a sunroof, but I haven't heard if its an option.

    I hope it comes with a sunroof standard so that they keep the price down. I'm slightly worried that they will option us to death.

    -Mike

  10. #10

    Re: More Info on G35

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rockon:


    Like someone pointing out before, the interior gadges don't optimize for left hand side driver. It seems like they just switch the steering wheel from right to left and leave others unchange (notice the volumne nob is near the passenger's side than the driver's side etc). Very disappointed. When I first learned about it, I thought it's not the final production. But now, it seems true [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    i noticed the volume controller was far from the driver too [it's also like that on the Q45], but then i remembered the radio controls on the steering wheel.. so it makes sense; i hate having to reach over to the left side of the stereo to change the volume when im a passenger in a car [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

  11. #11

    Re: More Info on G35

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B14SR20DE:


    i noticed the volume controller was far from the driver too [it's also like that on the Q45], but then i remembered the radio controls on the steering wheel.. so it makes sense; i hate having to reach over to the left side of the stereo to change the volume when im a passenger in a car [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


    Unfortunately, the radio controls on the steering wheel are an option, are they not? I hope that they did this only for the models that come with the radio controls on the steering wheel, though I highly doubt it.

  12. #12

    Re: More Info on G35

    wow this car is gonna be a bombshell in the compact luxury segment

    if only it has a manual transmission right off the bat

  13. #13
    **DONOTDELETE**
    Guest

    Re: More Info on G35

    What's going on? All I see is the intro. then everything turns gray and no server response...is anyone else experiencing this?

    Reply-ASAP [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

    BTW...MY 600th POST! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

    -Blazin-Red-GTR

    [ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Blazin-Red-GTR ]

  14. #14

    Re: More Info on G35

    Try again dude, if you skip intro then it should take you to a screen saying "Thrilling..." with several links and pics. I just tried it and it works.

  15. #15

    Re: More Info on G35

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by skibum1981:



    Unfortunately, the radio controls on the steering wheel are an option, are they not? I hope that they did this only for the models that come with the radio controls on the steering wheel, though I highly doubt it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    yeah, i went back to the site and read that the stereo controls on the wheel are optional, as well as the bose system [well, they probably come together].. i keep forgetting this is supposed to replace the G20

  16. #16

    Re: More Info on G35

    man, this is the car. this will be the one that brings infiniti all the way back.

  17. #17

    Re: More Info on G35

    Infiniti has determined their future wit this car. Success. I think it is going to be a very big competitor of the 3series. I also think it is going to be able to keep up wit the 3 in performance from looking at the videos on the updated sit.WHOA!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

    MY OPIN.

  18. #18
    **DONOTDELETE**
    Guest

    Re: More Info on G35

    Yea, this is definitely going to be my next car. But I'll wait for the AWD and CVT. Gotta have them [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NissLover:
    Infiniti has determined their future wit this car. Success. I think it is going to be a very big competitor of the 3series. I also think it is going to be able to keep up wit the 3 in performance from looking at the videos on the updated sit.WHOA!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

    MY OPIN.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

  19. #19

    Re: More Info on G35

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> not only that but the way the Automatic manual mode is placed is totally wrong you have to push it away from the driver to put in Manu-mode, they should make it so it is closer to the driver rather than futher, stupid mistake, they should just copy the TL in that regard. One other thing is instead of pushing forward to upshift and pull backward to downshift they should reverse it, just like it is in race cars, reason being when you accelarate your weight is being pushed back and it will be easier to shift up the box by pulling back, same goes for down shift, when you brake weight is shifted forward and it will be easier to push forward to down shift.

  20. #20
    **DONOTDELETE**
    Guest

    Re: More Info on G35

    Did anyone else notice the leather seat bottom cushion on the G35 has like perforated holes in it? I saw this on the new Highlander and think it makes it look cheaper. Is it better to have holes for ventilation or what?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •