The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: God Bless America!!!

Re: God Bless America!!!

here here!

Re: God Bless America!!!

I was shaving in my girlfriend's (she's my wife now) bathroom and saw the first plane hit reverse-style in the mirror. It was my first day back working at the Nissan/Infiniti/Honda/VW/Audi/M-B dealership after a 6 month hiatus. I went in to work on the public trans, and although a lot of people were talking about it, a lot of people had no idea what was going on.

At work we mostly watched the TV in the break room and F&I guy's office. We were right downtown in Chicago, so as soon as they sent everyone else home from work, we watched the flood of people just walking home. Most didn't even feel safe enough to take public transportation - they just walked miles and miles home.

I tried to get in contact with my buddies in NY and NJ, which was mostly a wasted effort, but I did get a hold of a friend who told me he basically walked from Manhattan to Bayonne. My boss was a very Americanized Palestinian so we tried to be a little light-hearted by joking we were going to turn him in, mostly just to get him laughing and ease his mind. He was as ticked off as we were about what happened.

Recently I became friends with a guy whose birthday happens to be on 9/11. He's a total character. Funniest guy I know. Yesterday when I called him to wish him a happy birthday I told him that the coincidence is there to remind us that we have to continue to laugh, have fun and smile, even in the face of adversity.

God Bless America!!!!!

Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station. - Grand Moff Tarkin

You're a great American, Lord Vader.

9/11 is on a monday just like in 2001.
    I like money.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereHaveYouBeen
    You're a great American, Lord Vader.

9/11 is on a monday just like in 2001.
    Thanks.
    Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station. - Grand Moff Tarkin

full circle. America FTW
    Shift_the future :D
    1998 240SX SE-my 1st project
    Certified Car Nut.

God Bless America!

Quote Originally Posted by scourge
    Anyone else know where they were the day the music died?
    I was in business school in Harrisburg, I drove home, got out the bong, and stared at the television. One of the few things that happened while I was stoned that I will never forget.
    "Later on we'll all be dancing
    Screaming from the minarets"

Wow this thread is a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by black985speed
    Wow this thread is a year old.
    Actually I started it on the first anniversary and have brought it back every year since. (5 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Vader
    Actually I started it on the first anniversary and have brought it back every year since. (5 years)
    I noticed, nice

Universal City Nissan
    My views and opinions are purely my own and do not express those of the dealership. Is that official enough?

Now, PM me or follow UCNissanBob for referral and buyer specials!

Quote Originally Posted by scourge
    . Anyone else know where they were the day the music died?

I was in a Class at Oak Ridge Tennesse learning about Radiation Dispersal Devices (before they became common knowlegde).

I was with a miltary WMD Reponse Unit jumped into my car called the Hiway patrol told them who I was and to not stop me or give me tickets.

Drove in my 1991 Infiniti Q45 the 300 miles to my unit in about 3 hours..

HIway Patrol played Ball and radioed Truckers to get out of my way on the hiway and they always made way for me quickly

I only slowed below 110/115 to pass..all the while with NIN playing egging me on to go ever faster..
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Quote Originally Posted by palmerwmd
    I was in a Class at Oak Ridge Tennesse learning about Radiation Dispersal Devices (before they became common knowlegde).

I was with a miltary WMD Reponse Unit jumped into my car called the Hiway patrol told them who I was and to not stop me or give me tickets.

Drove in my 1991 Infiniti Q45 the 300 miles to my unit in about 3 hours..

HIway Patrol played Ball and radioed Truckers to get out of my way on the hiway and they always made way for me quickly

I only slowed below 110/115 to pass..all the while with NIN playing egging me on to go ever faster..
    I wish what happened had never happened. If I could go back and do something to stop it I would. I am not trying to make light of the situation that is September 11th, but that is ****ing awesome.

God Bless America!!!

For the way everyone has shown their respect and not letting the world forget what really happened on that day.
    Previous Ride: FX35 (Black/Brick) Tech
    Next Ride: G37S (Platinum/Graphite) Premium, NAV, Tech, Spoiler, 5AT.

The Future: Ferrari F430

I woke up about 5am with a feeling that something was really wrong, like I had a really bad nightmare and couldn't shake the feeling. I dozed back off and then woke up at the usual time to get ready for work. I got a call from my client telling me not to come into work because their office was in downtown LA and they were worried that someone might fly planes into the building.

Oddly enough, I had a similar experience on 7/7. I had a really bad dream where I saw people in dark, cramped spaces panicing and trying to get out. I woke up later and heard about the bombings in the London underground.
    Pushin Nissans since 1997.

God Bless America

God Bless America

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Vader View Post

God Bless America

Amen. But let me drift a little; off topic you might say-but it's not-truly-it's right on topic. This is very important to this wonderful, but sometimes too human and fallible country of ours.

I'm a hockey mom w/an attitude-plus I'm cute and I've got good legs. I once was in a contest based upon my external beauty and I won!! You outa' catch me in my bathing suit!!

I don't want no one teaching my children about sex and premarital sex and babies; I'll do that thank you! I don't want no one aborting full time social services (your tax money) requiring sperm and egg bundles.

I don't want no one teaching my children about science; hence creationism needs to be taught @ school to our children and modern medical science is taboo especially re things like stem cell research to end disease and modern science to help aid a reduction w/so many unwanted and uncared (cause I'm against social services "free" handouts) for those dirty and homeless suckers in our society who "refuse" to work for a living.

I want you to know I've attended and quit college six times before I finally finished. I support bridges to nowhere, I don't, I do, I don't; I (daresay it) flip flop.

I was mayor of a town of 6,000 once. I got certain books banned from our library cause I didn't like what they had to say (Sig Heil!!!).

I got lots of $$$ sent our way cause I like getting government money to do things for the people, I don't, I do, I don't; I (daresay it) flip flop.

I've even been a governor of Alaska. I have commanded the military-the Alaska National Guard! I even once left the US for a free trip to Iraq to see my troops! I also like to kill living things w/my big rifle; it's really a lot of fun. Those Demorats want to take my guns away from me!!

I also have gotten lots of government money (ear tags) for my projects here in AK, I haven't, I have, I haven't; I (daresay it) I flip flop.

And in this world with flash point issues that can easily begin World War III, I and my war buddy Big John are especially even tempered and we're clear thinkers and I'm not impulsive and combative (i.e. negative). Gawd damn that Obama Muslim lover calling me a pig w/lipstick-nuke him!!!

Yep, me and my buddy who due to his years in a POW camp which we all know aids one in their development as a healthy human being in both body and mind, needs to be your President-we're ready to lead the most powerful, awesome and lately no so respected nation in the same "conservative (?)" path, w/our "moral values" right out there in front of us.

OK, back on track; but not off track @ all-with the most respect for our wonderful country. G-D bless this country. But G-D also gives human beings free choice... Think more clearly and act rationally America.
    Jim

"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." Albert Einstein, 1938

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast