The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G35 Cpe Problems?

**DONOTDELETE**

G35 Cpe Problems?

Could current owners list/specify problems and fixes with their G35s? I'm considering between the 350Z and G35 cpe and so far I have found a long list of problems with the Z, which really dampens my confidence... Thank you!

Re: G35 Cpe Problems?

I find myself going too fast.
    People have a tendency to follow me.
    People will ask me all sorts of questions about my car when I'm trying to go somewhere.
    My car gets dirty when I drive it.
    Every month, I have to write a check to pay for my car...

Other than that, I love it...

HAHA ... hit the nail on the head with that one.

I have not noticed any problems yet, other than that the Bose system isn't that great and the brake dust is horrible.

**DONOTDELETE**

Sounds promising so far... Please keep it coming...

Had my 6-speed for 3 weeks and absolutely love it. There are only a few nits that many have mentioned. Cup holders are not in the best of locations on the 6-speed. Seat belts are a bit difficult to reach when putting on. Bose system is only adequate if you're into music. The center console will probably show wear easily.

Other than those, its almost too good. I want to look at it and drive it all the time. In fact that may be the biggest problem, I can't look at the car from the outside while I'm driving it

Look out for a CD FO Error display! It means your CD deck is toast!

my rear-view mirror gets a weird double-image effect at night when the tint is on (apparently other people havent noticed this). the cup holders are in a weird place and the cover over them doesnt open easily (6MT coupe), but this is not really a problem .. another thing is the placement of the seat heater buttons.. easy to accidentally turn them on with your elbow .. not really a problem in the winter though

car is going to cost me a lot in Wax / Clean / shine products

The only nit I have to pick is the window smudge when the window is lowered. A couple of others have mentioned this, too. I don't think it's worth taking the door apart to fix, though. Otherwise,

I've had mine for about 6 weeks and 2,500 miles or so and just love it! I'm waking up early on weekend mornings when noone is on the road and take her for a blast down near Jones Beach on Long Island! No problems whatsoever other than the "sticky" middle console lid. Mileage is about 20 MPG or better. The handling is to die for when pushing it and isn't overy stiff around town. I also notice tons of cars speeding up to the sides of me (usally BMW/Audi/and boy-racer cars with giant tailpipes and spoilers the size of my kitchen table)....couldn't be happier.

**DONOTDELETE**

window squeaks on driver side a bit. Left smudge at first but that stopped on both sides.

The motorized door bugs me because it takes too long and people try to force their way out of the back seat before the seat is all the way forward, causing little scratches and foot marks in the back.

I have some strange engine vibrations that I'm going to get check out today.... Hmm... My center console seems a little off where the top half and the bottom half meet, maybe just a mm or two off but still yet.

My biggest problem is that I concentrate so much on not getting my doors dinged by other people I end up screwing up my front and back myself. I once forgot I had the car in gear and let go the clutch and bumped something in front of me, then a week later I slowly reversed in to a small pole I couldn't see. I never get in to accidents, but I guess driving a new car is something you need to get used to.

LOL you sound like a short guy like me. I think the seats were designed for big people with long reaches. My tri's rest on the right side of the seat when I shift.

No complaints, except for having my transmission dropped due to a bad flywheel.

Flywheel, pressure plate, and clutch disk replaced under warranty. Should get it back on Monday. This appears to be a unique problem and not systemic. I'm just a lucky guy.

AUsomTiger

Wow that sucks. How many miles were on it?

Matt

2200. Check out the story here:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...umber=67237803

AUsomTiger

**DONOTDELETE**

the only real problem that i have is the speakers buzz while listening to talk radio (AM). the dealer is bringing in new speakers and some kind of bracket that should eliminate it though........

Doc

Sounds like everything is getting worked out. Hope it truly is a unique problem though. Not something I enjoyed reading the day before I pick up my coupe.

**DONOTDELETE**

my sunroof stuck in the open position yesterday, im having it serviced today, no word back from the service department, i'll have more info later

The speaker grilles in the doors scratch very easily. My car has 830 miles on it and already the passenger side speaker grille has about 8 or 9 place where the paint has been knocked off. Has anyone else got this problem?

NO GIRL has said anything to me... except my good friends. Just doesn't seem like a girl maganet car. The sad thing is, I get all the guys. I have guys coming up to me and saying things like "Dude, *puts arm around my shoulder* that's a sweet ride..." WHERE ARE ALL THE GIRLS? Oh well, that's not why I got the car and i'm only interested in one girl anyways. Get the coupe. Cya on the road.
    -stacha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast