The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G35 Cpe Problems?

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: G35 Cpe Problems?

DrAXE, My sunroof stuck in the open position as well. There is a fix in the manual. Something like- hold the open button for 5 seceonds and the close for 10. It worked.

Just broke the 600 mile mark tonight and have this to add:

No major problems, just whining

Cons:
    >> No oil pressure gauge, I miss looking at one (350?)Without it, I find myself checking the oil often and its hard to get used to the funky dipstick.

>> Getting in/out of the backseat, watching the seat move by itself was cool at first, now its slow, but usually only front passenger. (350Z?)

>> Front bumber allready has many pin head sized rock chips (high speed + high traffic + lots of rock trucks = high probability of impact)

>>As said earlier, doesnt appear to be as a snatch trap as one would hope, maybe its the Bachlorette show drawing too
    much attention.

Pros:
    >> The engine is breaking in nicely. 3-4K rpm is smooth as silk and throttle response is crisp (or I'm just getting used to how the servo throttle behaves)

>> I heard a slight vibration and turns out it was my sunglasses.

>>The leather seat fits my fat a$$ so well I have take my wallet out.

>> I love the cup holder location, leaves plenty of room for shifting and not spilling my $3 coffee. Please dont drink and drive!

1. Bad gas mileage - 18.4 after 2500 miles
    2. crappy titanium trim scratches easily
    3. radio reception goes to crap with bose stereo on
    4. still smell "rotten eggs" from exhaust when windows are down

You have the windows down in Chicago? As cold as it is, I have no idea how your nostrils aren't frozen numb.

Dark Energy Rules

</font><blockquote><font class="small[/img]In reply to:</font><hr />
    1. Bad gas mileage - 18.4 after 2500 miles
    2. crappy titanium trim scratches easily
    3. radio reception goes to crap with bose stereo on
    4. still smell "rotten eggs" from exhaust when windows are down

[/QUOTE]

1. Gas Mileage - my mileage continues to improve - I think it may be slightly due to car having some more miles on it, but most of it is due to the fact that I can now control the urge to "light up" at every opportunity. My mileage is now up around 22 mpg.

2. Agreed - the Titanium interior is one of the two major Achilles Heels on this car. I have one knick near where my leg sometimes rubs on the console and another two where a rear view mirror ornament fell and made two very slight impact marks when it landed.

3. The other weak point in the car - the Bose stereo. Still not as bad as some say, but yes, I will get new speakers and amps on it. Must have more spatial imaging and clearer treble!

4. Every once in a while I smell the "rotten eggs smell" - but not very often. I can't be positive it is coming from my car. If this is a real problem, it will be much more noticeable when the weather improves and I actually roll down windows and open the sun roof up!

My additions.....

5. The blind spots - With people in the car it adds to the problems seeing to the sides and rear. It can get a bit intimidating merging into traffic with a car loaded with adults (I had my boss and two co-workers in it the other day...) Technology (cameras, sensors, etc.,) might come to the rescue here, but also some more thought has to go into pillar design and window design.

6. The location of the arm rest and the parking brake - they get in the way of access to the window/lock controls and the dead pedal, respectively. These are more minor points - but they are a bit aggravating, especially when you are tired. Also of a minor ergonomic nature is the location of the center console bin - too far back and reaching for coins at toll booths can become a bit tricky.

7. I still can't seem to get a good handle on where the car starts and ends. Some people gave grief to that one guy who posted pics of his G35S with "antennae" to show where the corners of the car were. But I can sympathize with him doing so - I can get paranoid driving close to the curbs and parking near parking lot dividers.

Outside of that (and I am being very, very picky here) - there isn't too much to criticize. The handling is first-class, the power equally as good, the controls are much better placed than some say, the NAV is the best I have ever used (all it needs is voice recognition), the seats are very comfortable and the sense of a secure and tight construction dominates. I feel like I am driving a rocket-powered light tank!

Overall, Infiniti put the most money into the car where money in a sport/GT car belongs - in the engine and drive-train. Then they made a gorgeous design. If the car had about two or three inches length on the hood and another two to three inches in the mid-body it would lose that tiny bit of "chubbiness" it has and become as beautiful as an Aston Martin. But then, that four to six inches would involve a whole new set of engineering problems and re-design issues and would also increase the price of the car.

Enjoy whatever decision you make - either the G or Z would be a fine car.

- Riff

9 weeks and 3700 miles later, i have this weird noise coming from the right rear-wheel well...sounds like a crank-wrench whenever i start to accelerate...can't hear it at high speeds but inside of a garage (parking garage at school) it's really loud when i'm in 1st or 2nd gear, going to have it checked out in a few days. other than that, everything is perfect

Sorry guys, I meant to say that the radio reception goes to crap when I turn on either the front or rear defroster. This is strange, right?

Geezer, I only open the windows when I park, because I always reverse park as close to the curb as possible (to avoid scratches), and when I get fast food, of course

Riff, have you seen a lot of coupes already? I just say #4 today and my sister has already seen 5, I think. I've only seen 5 Z's total.

In the bay area, the coupes were out in force, saturday night. At Fry's I saw a shamefull coupe. I believe it was desert platinum but I couldn't tell because it was covered it dirt and bird crap. The fingerprints on the trunk were the only way I could tell it was desert platinum and not diamond graphite. If the owner of that car is listening, CLEAN YOUR COUPE. Later that night I saw two silvers and a blue. Very nice.
    -stacha

Dark Energy Rules

</font><blockquote><font class="small[/img]In reply to:</font><hr />
    Riff, have you seen a lot of coupes already? I just saw #4 today and my sister has already seen 5, I think. I've only seen 5 Z's total.

[/QUOTE]

I have seen only two since November ChicagoG35c - and one was yesterday in the Motorwerks parking lot! I am counting it because it had temp plates on and it was leaving the dealership! It was a DG without Aero.

The other was about four weeks ago - a DG with Aero.

I see a Z about once or twice a week. And there is a silver G35 sedan with Aero a block over from me.

That's about it - a little bit lonely, but it also makes me feel kinda special! (not in the CB 'special' way though.... )

- Riff

No problems!!!

Love this car.

**DONOTDELETE**

With only 8 days and 450 miles on mine I haven't encountered much of concern. The biggest problem is the car won't stop trying to talk me out of honoring the 4,000 rpm limit before 1,200 miles. Come on, Boss. Let's move! We can really have a lot of fun, if you'll just lossen up a little. See those turns coming up? I can straighten them out for you. Don't you want to goose it? A real test of one's resolve.

Otherwise, just two notes.

1. Brake pad dust production. I wnat to clean the wheels every 150 miles or so.

2. Rear tires are really noisy on cement freeways. When the road surface changes to decent blacktop, the tires become pretty quiet.

In regards to the claims of blind spot problems...

I know everyone adjusts their mirrors differently. Do what you feel the most comfortable with. BUT, I will say that I have my mirrors adjusted such that there is NO blind spot in the lanes directly adjacent to me. If you go out more than one lane, ANY car will have a blind spot. But in the lanes directly beside me (i.e. the ones I'll need to merge into) I have no blind spots. Perhaps a motorcycle could hide somewhere, but I doubt it.

Everybody adjusts differently, but just FYI, it can be eliminated.

**DONOTDELETE**

My main concerns are various mechanical and electrical issues with a first year production model.
    Also, I'm especially anal about noise and squeaks even though cold weather can contribute to such undesirables...
    I appreciate all your inputs thus far. Thanks!

**DONOTDELETE**

I love my GEE! Only problem is that I have to be careful where I park it so others do not scratch it...

One nitpicky item is the passenger seatbelt latch knocks aganst the side.. Need to find a solution... but that is all!!!

Get yours now !!!!

Major problem.....speeding tickets! Just turned over 3000 miles of bliss.

Well after 13 years of ownership, I can certainly give you my opinion... The G35 coupe still is the best looking coupe on the market IMHO (yes including the g37, q60, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc)... There are numerous problems with the coupe which can be discovered by doing a search on these forums.. My only input is that after 13 years, the windows motors do really suck... You will replace them numerous times depending on how long you keep the car. The CD changer will fail, mine hasn't worked for about 8 years (cd error f0).. I have replaced all other problems but there is no "fix" for the windows or door lock issues... Other than that, it is a great car, which you'll have ALOT of fun with..

Quote Originally Posted by djcox2112 View Post
    Well after 13 years of ownership, I can certainly give you my opinion... The G35 coupe still is the best looking coupe on the market IMHO (yes including the g37, q60, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc)... There are numerous problems with the coupe which can be discovered by doing a search on these forums.. My only input is that after 13 years, the windows motors do really suck... You will replace them numerous times depending on how long you keep the car. The CD changer will fail, mine hasn't worked for about 8 years (cd error f0).. I have replaced all other problems but there is no "fix" for the windows or door lock issues... Other than that, it is a great car, which you'll have ALOT of fun with..
    Quoted for truth!
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12