The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: Vent your stupid/irritating traffic laws/judgments

Vent your stupid/irritating traffic laws/judgments

For instance (i posted this on a different thread)

me and my dad were coming back from Schlitterbahn.. my dad was speeding slightly.. 75 in a 70.. we get rear ended by some goof hauling ass.. the cops arrive, the other guy said he hit us as a result of us going too slow.. my dad tells the police we were going 75 when hit (on cruise control)

the cops rule the accident is the fault of BOTH drivers..

the other guys fault for hitting us from behind... and my dads fault.. because he was speeding..

apparently they felt that us going 5 over the limit contributed to us being REAR ENDED..

go figure..

Re: Vent your stupid/irritating traffic laws/judgments

Breaking the law always leads to bad things, so it's quite explicable logically that going faster than the guy behind you would lead to a rear-end collision.

Hey, when the cops arrive, didn't you remember you were doing 70?

If there is something you shouldn't tell the cops, don't. Cops suck!!!

That was some raw deal man. I think my only beef with laws that I have been busted for is the white line crap. I mean no one was there what was the big deal.

This one goes into the "judgements" category: when I was deployed in the Persian Gulf for Desert Shield/Storm, I was a fork lift driver (we unloaded the ships that came into port). Anyway, I was on my forklift returning to the "barracks" part of the port and I notice some MPs following me with their lights on. I figure they have some emergency to respond to so I pull over to let them pass, but they pull in behind me. They get out and ask me if I know how fast I was going? I show them there is no speedometer on my forklift and they say I was doing 35 in a 25. So I quote the technical specs for my lift with a top speed of 25 but they say I was doing 35, so here's a ticket. Here we are in the middle of a war and some dumb @ss MP wants to give me a speeding ticket that isn't even possible! What, are they going to give me points on my forklift license? Idiots!

i was rear ended on a 1 lane 1 way street in kittanning PA making a left turn into a parking lot...actually the driver hit my rear quarterpanel as i was partway through the turn

the ruling, i was making a left turn from the right lane...on a one lane one way street...he was trying to overtake me in the left metered parking lane while i was making a left turn....and i guess the magistrate decided that the *METERED PARKING LANE* can be used for vehicle travel under the circumstance that i am turning across it

I once got a ticket for not using my turn signals in a ONE WAY turn??

wow these stories really irritate me. If all the posters are telling the truth i dont understand what the officers were thinking?? Common sense really isn't "common" anymore.
    -Boost rising...-=)

"In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Perfect example of why you should never say a word to a police officer -

My younger brother, in and out of minor trouble, was sitting around one Saturday night with his buddies (all car guys) in the front yard drinking some beers. 3 punk kids roll up with out their lights on and proceed to throw dozens of eggs out their window at all of our cars. Several hit my brothers supra and caused some minor damage to the paint. They go after the kid, find him, and beat the h e l l out of him. We were always raised to tell the truth and respect law enforcement so when the cops came over to my parents house looking for my brother - he told them exactly what happend. Everyone ends up getting arrested and the kid who threw the eggs had his father pick him up from the police station. When his father found out why he got his @ss beat (had to have his jaw wired shut) his own father smacked him upside his head and dropped all charges against my brother and his friends. My brother told me that in front of the cops and everyone his father said, good - you deserve what you got - you never mess with another mans car. BUT - because my brother told the truth the DA pressed charges against him and got him for assault, mod action/gang activity, and a couple other things. He ended up with 135 hours of comunity service.

Turns out the kids father was a car nut and has like 10 beautiful old school muscle cars but his kid had a hard on against imports.
    - Jason

I hate it when I speed and get caught.
    I like money.

Dark Energy Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre5
    This one goes into the "judgements" category: when I was deployed in the Persian Gulf for Desert Shield/Storm, I was a fork lift driver (we unloaded the ships that came into port). Anyway, I was on my forklift returning to the "barracks" part of the port and I notice some MPs following me with their lights on. I figure they have some emergency to respond to so I pull over to let them pass, but they pull in behind me. They get out and ask me if I know how fast I was going? I show them there is no speedometer on my forklift and they say I was doing 35 in a 25. So I quote the technical specs for my lift with a top speed of 25 but they say I was doing 35, so here's a ticket. Here we are in the middle of a war and some dumb @ss MP wants to give me a speeding ticket that isn't even possible! What, are they going to give me points on my forklift license? Idiots!
    You know you could poke someone's eyes out with that forklift going that fast!

Take your emotion another way man .... put a 'Fear This Forklift' sticker on it or something like 'Forkliftdrifter' -something to let the MP's know you think they're rinky-dink mofos. :D

- Riff

I used to work with an MP, he thought he was the ****, but everyone else in the military I've talked to hates the MPs.

this story isnt exactly on topic but i think it close enough. so im driving home from work one night about a year and a half ago. im going down a six lane road (three lanes going each way) all of a sudden traffic bottle-necks down to one lane, theirs been an accident (not uncommon on this road), so me and about a gazillion other cars are creeping past the scene of the accident one at a time. as im coming up to were the accident happened i see an ambulance parked sideways taking up 2 of the 3 lanes. well as im nearing the ambulance im watching the car in front of me cause i dont know whats goin on and i might have to stop at any second, when all of a sudden officer a$$bag decides now is a good time to back out right in front of me and then slam on the brakes just as i slam on mine(he was parked directly on the other side of the ambulance where nobody could possibly see him). i couldnt have been more than 4-6 inches away from his rear passenger-side door. then he strolls up to my window and asks me why i almost hit him, tells me he's gonna give me a ticket for "obstructing offical police duty" or some BS like that, then tells me to pull off to the side of ther road. at this point im half scared cause i almost just hit a COP, and half pissed at how much of an A$$HOLE he is being to me. so i say "ok", he gets back into his car and pulls forward to let me thru so i can "pull off to the side of the road" by this time the road ahead of me is clear and traffic is stopped behind me, so i just say "EFF THIS" and put my foot to the floor and go about my merry way. he didnt chase me and i dont know why, but for about the next month i rode around paranoid as hell thinking he got my plate number and "the man" was gonna come take me away. i guess the moral of this story is FTP. i cant honestly think of any good of helpful thing that any cop has ever done for me.

I got pulled over for riding in the the far right lane from where it began to Sheetz, which is at the end of the two lane part. I pull into sheetz and see the blue and reds come on and figure they're after my friend for breaking curfew. He pulls right behind me and begins to state why I was pulled over. Apparently you should only get into that lane before right before you are making a turn, and some other bs about how it hurts the businesses!? At least I got off with a warning.

A few days later, someone threw a brick at my Turbo, breaking my passenger mirror. I knew who did it, but they wouldn't do anything about it.

This winter, my brother went to the firehouse to see if they needed help cleaning up snow. The roads weren't plowed, let alone salted, so on the way back home, in his front wheel drive car with a broken ebrake, the back end kicked out and being his first time driving in snow, he kept over correcting it, but was doing what he should have done. A cop on the other side of the street, flew in front of him and the first words out of his mouth, was This doesn't add up! He wouldn't let my brother explain, and he was being a d#ck the entire time. He took it to court and was still found guilty.
    I have a lot of stories. But to sum them all up, Hanover cops should give up their guns and badges, and become the meter maids they are, because they haven't solved any real crime. But they'll pull the people over who they are supposed to protect and serve and give them tickets for the dumbest reasons.
    1993 240SX vert-stock dd for now.
    1995 Volvo 850 Turbo- 60% of the time it works, every time.

70 dollar ticket for not going through a stop sign.
    the pig said "you were gonna go on through that stop sign weren't you"
    i almost called him miss cleo for being psychic so i got "busted"