The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: Approx. How much do nissan *salesmen* make?

Approx. How much do nissan *salesmen* make?

I have a friend that was considering being a car salesman, and I was just wondering about how much a salesman makes per sale, monthly or yearly. How many cars do they sale on average per month? Thanks.

Re: Approx. How much do nissan dealers make?

That is a very vague question. There are so many factors involved in how a dealership becomes sucessful, location, service dept, experienced staff.

I have a friend that was considering being a car dealer, and I was just wondering about how much a dealer makes per sale, monthly or yearly. How many cars do they sale on average per month? thanks.
    Nissan dealers make approximately 2% return on sales. Compare that with 11.6% ROS Nissan just announced and you can see who is making all the money. Hint: It ain't the dealers.

most of them make ALOT... there is tons of money in parts, servicing, resale of trade ins. Not to mention financing, dealership fees, add on sales, extended warranties, etc, etc, etc.

Have you taken a good look at some of the interiors of some dealerships? Huge glass windows, stucco or conquina buildings, ceramic tile floors, granite or marble countertops, giant lots, big screens in the lounge...someone is making money to pay for that sort of thing. It ain't cheap.

I suspect that you will not get a true answer from the dealerships that post here. It wouldn't help the perception that the dealers are out to screw the consumer if they revealed that they net millions/year in profit. I suspect that with all the sources of revenue, that they do make in the millions-after expenses. The top sales people in luxury brands can easily make in the mid 6 figures (I don't mean 150k, I mean 3-600K), thus the owner certainly takes home much more than that.

I have a friend that was considering being a car dealer, and I was just wondering about how much a dealer makes per sale, monthly or yearly. How many cars do they sale on average per month? thanks.
    The average Nissan dealer made a bit over $600,000 in 2003 and that is way up from previous years.

Certainly not as much as might be expected.

Nissan dealers should do better in 2004 with the new products coming out.

Damn, this is what I get for making a post while typing school papers. I meant Car *salesmen*, not dealers, just kind of looking for a ballpark figure of what they make. Sorry about that guys.

all depends on how many cars they move....it could be anywhere from around minimum wage if they don't sell to 100,000 + / year if they do sell.

Re: Approx. How much do nissan *salesmen* make?

I have a friend that was considering being a car salesman, and I was just wondering about how much a salesman makes per sale, monthly or yearly. How many cars do they sale on average per month? Thanks.
    It really depends on the dealership and locality. I know someone who sells Hondas and he makes around $7000 a month but he sells about 35 cars to get to that. He also works 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Its HUGELY varied depending on dealership, general managers, and talent.

I know of salespeople who get minimum wage every month and I know salespeople who are easily getting $4000/month and then some.

If your friend is serious, he should be very careful to find out all of the information about his pay plan before he starts.

Also I would suggest going to whichever lot he was looking at starting at as a customer first, and talking to a salesman (and if possible, run into a new guy) about what its really like there.

It all depends on commitment. If you like to punch a clock, don't get into this business. You will need to have a whole lot of intestinal fortitude to truly make it in the car business. Plus, I would suggest staying in for 6 mos to a year to really get your skills tuned. At that point, you can really get the money going, depending on your pay plan.

A good Nissan salesman or saleswoman should make $55,000
    to $75,000 per year. The great ones make $150,000 plus.

Some only make $35,000 to $40,000 they don't stay in the business. Making money selling Nissans is not as easy as making money selling Toyota or Honda. Nissan dealers are having a hard time recruiting and keeping good sales people
    right now.

Nissan dealers are not making the kind of return on sales that the others are so it is difficult to maintain a competent sales team.

This situation will continue to improve with each new product and with each product renewal. Things are looking pretty good for Nissan.

Nissan is still a couple of years away. I think Nissan will eclipse Honda and be a strong competitor for Toyota
    within two years.

If you're a good salesman, you constantly use training to improve your skills, and you treat customer right ALL THE TIME, you can make alot of money. I made $160K last year at Riverside Infiniti and they're not a large volume dealership and that was selling cars at $100 over etc as I was the Internet Sales Manager (but i had the same pay plan as a salesperson). You can make great money in the car sales business, it's just not for everyone. My suggestion is have your friend give it a shot and if he doesn't like it or isn't successful at it, move on.

Given the already mentioned posts, any commission-based sales job, be it Nissan or Ford or Verizon or Avon, will pay the same way:

If you just punch the clock and refuse to spend time studying/networking/practicing: Not enough to live comfortably

If you work your ass off and offer your service to everyone you meet and their mothers: More than enough to live comfortably

Your friend should also remember that some dealerships provide salary+commission, and some just commission. That will probably be an important factor to him.

Actually, that's all a lie. Nissan salesmen make $38,400 a year.